bump
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That looks great! I'll just have to find someone to eat the rest of the bag to keep me from it :)
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I think I might try this with Cheez-Its too! lol
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i will have to try this! i love doritos! thanks for sharing :happy:
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    Looks fabulous! Thanks for the recipe!
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a chicken lover so I'm always in search of new recipe ideas for chicken.

Love love love doritos, so I'm definately gonna have to try this.

Have you tried the baked doritos with this? cause I know that would cut some calories, just didn't know how it would affect taste.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Bump...and yummmm
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Holy moly....
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • tabbycat533
    Options
    that looks good and im always looking for new recipes that not only i will eat but also kids and husband
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    6. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes on the other side, until internal temp reaches 185 F.
    7. Enjoy!

Sounds good... but you can cook it to 165*F and have a juicier, more tender chicken, and still be within sanitation guidelines for poultry.

SOURCE: I teach ServSafe sanitation classes at a California Community College and have been ServSafe certified for over a decade.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to try! Thanks.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find that my food gets boring. So sometimes I like to crust chicken with doritos. No big deal.
    Now, if you're anything like me, and love doritos, you'll love this chicken. I know they obviously aren't the healthiest chip out there, but if you don't let yourself ever have the things you love, you'll just be miserable!
    Keep in mind, this recipe is for a single serving. I'm usually just cooking for myself, but it can easily be scaled up!

Ingredients:
    1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin, 3 oz.
    0.85 ounces of nacho cheese doritos, about 8-10 chips, crushed up.
    1 egg
    salt and pepper

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 F
    2. Take chicken breast, and season generously with salt and pepper.
    3. Coat breast in beaten egg. (NOTE: You won't nearly use all the egg. You can substitute this with about a tbsp of egg beaters to avoid wasting it)
    4. Place chicken in crushed up doritos, pressing down to insure as many as possible stick to both sides.
    5. On a foil lined baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray, place the chicken. Spray the top with a bit more spray!
    6. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes on the other side, until internal temp reaches 185 F.
    7. Enjoy!

Now, as you can see in the picture, I had this with some rice and carrots. But you could just as easily slap it between some bread with a little bit of mayo, lettuce, etc. Sounds better than any fast food I've ever had!
    This chicken was the perfect treat for my doritos obsession, and it was wonderfully crunchy! The flavor mellowed out a bit in the oven, so if you're worried about super orange glow nacho flavor, don't be! It's subtle and fabulous. Hope you try it!

Nutritional Info:
    Serving size: 1 piece. Calories: 220 Fat: 9 g Protein: 20 g Carbs: 14 g Fiber: 1 g Sodium: 345 mg.

1412745d.jpg

BUMP.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    What is this wizardry?
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    BUMP - my husband will probably love this.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've done this with corn flakes. it's really good.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    bump
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I make something similar with corn flakes in place of chips. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to try it next week!