My story (and looking for some tips and support!)

Options
Okay, so I've been a member of this site for a while but, I never actually used it (seriously) until now. A few girls at work and I are trying to eat healthier and exercise more so I've been doing that for the last two weeks and I've decided to branch out a bit and see if I can get some support from this online community as well. So if you'd like, please take the time to add me!

A little about me. I'm 22 years old, 5'4" and I have over 100lbs to lose. I know I have a long journey ahead of me, but this time I'm doing it for ME, instead of to make everyone else look at me better. I know its not gonna happen overnight (I mean honestly, I didn't put it on overnight, so I know it will take some time to lose). I've been heavy all my life, even since I was little, and I've never actually seen what my body would look like at a healthy weight. I've seen all the success that everyone else has had with this site and honestly, I want that more than anything.

Sorry if I'm kinda flip-floppy... My mind is wandering a lot this morning.

I want to do the Couch to 5k program because I'd like to start running, any kind of tips to prepare for that would be nice. Also any tips at all to help me on my journey would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways add me if you'd like! I'm on every day! Bye!

Replies

• deathtonepunk
    deathtonepunk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have completed the couch to 5k program and am training for a 10k race now. It has been really helpful to kickstart me into an active lifestyle, so please go for it! I think the most important thing is to stick to the plan. If you missed a day, don't give up and make time for it!
    A nutritional diet is also important so good luck! :smile:
  • earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi there, like your story, I am 24 year and need to lose about 100lb too. And struggling a bit lately but just got a bit of motivation. Getting excited, would love to exsperince with you.... From SA
  • Ltrautman80
    Ltrautman80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I also have 100+ lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me for support.