REALLY 4 lbs in 3 stinkin' weeks

Options
:sad: :sad: :sad: I know I should be happy 4 lbs is good, but I have been so diligent. Stayed right at the calorie goal every day, measured and recorded religiously. Exercised 18 out of the last 20 days for a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio (between 30-60) minutes every day, ate my calories from exercise. Spaced my food out to 4 meals throughout the day and a healthy snack in the afternoon. Drank my flippin 80 0z of water, actually converted to a high fiber, modified vegan diet (4 oz of meat at night and no other animal proteins in the day) my body is so stubborn, I am feeling so defeated. I need to lose 65 lbs and I know the beginning it usually comes off faster and slows down, if it slows down any more I'll be going backwards. Aren't you supposed to lose faster in the beginning and then that keeps you motivated to keep going. I keep seeing all these people on the sight that have lost so much, but it feels so far away. Sorry for the little pity party I am just so bummed.

Replies

• gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Ireed,
    Sometimes the scale does not register the weight loss until week 6 or 7. Are you taking your measurements? Your clothes should start to feel looser in a few more weeks.You may have lost inches from working out and toning. Don't give up it took me almost 2 months to lose 8 lbs . Unfortunately during the holidays I gained a few back. Keep up the good work.
    Losing weight does not happen quickly if you do it the right way.

Gina
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are complaining about.........???????? Take the loss and keep up the good work. Weightloss takes time. There will be weeks were you work hard and loose none.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That is really good! If this is a whole new change for you your body maybe going into a shell shock kinda stage. Also the 4 lbs is a "true wt loss" compaired to water wt loss. Keep it up. You will start feeling it I promise!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    dont give up!!!! ..... it may be slow to lose... but if you give up now you will never lose!! keep with it it will come!!!
  • scottekohl
    Options
    Don't feel too defeated. The scale only tells part of the story, so make sure you use before and after pictures + measurements and body fat %. Keep in mind that you should be adding some muscle too and that will weigh more than fat. For instance, my goal is to lose 25lbs, but if I'm packing on muscle, the net result might not be a huge weight loss in terms of what the scale is showing me.
  • conmonja
    Options
    Don't quit. it is so easy to get discoutaged. In 6 months you will look back on this as the start of something great if ypu just keep it up .
  • needhams
    Options
    Take heart it took a lifetime to put the weight on 4 pounds in 3weeks is 65 pounds in less than a year that's good you are doin fine stick with it
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weightloss! remember 1 lb a week is healthy. sometimes you will see a bigger loss than that. you hve lost more than one lb a week so far. when you get a chance go pick up 4lbs of meat in the deli. that's how much you've lost so far! then pick up one lb, you're losing that and more each week! keep it up! you're doing great!
  • DivaReese
    DivaReese Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Just keep going. It takes months sometimes to gain the weight and will take just as long to lose but it WILL come off!

Keep up the great work! :smile:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Take heart it took a lifetime to put the weight on 4 pounds in 3weeks is 65 pounds in less than a year that's good you are doin fine stick with it
    Thanks! I'll put down the hot fudge sundae now. :ohwell:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    All the wonderful things people already said.....AND... it's (IMHO).... NOT A DIET...it's a change in lifestyle, then you know you can do it for the long haul. Baby steps.....you're doing wonderfully, keep on keep'in on!! Your going to do wonderfully.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Here is my take on this.........

I lost 10 pounds in 1-2 weeks.......10 different times over a 20 year period. Each time I did so, I gained back not only the 10 but their buddy....ten more!

This time I did it smooth and easy. I eat my alloted calories for 1/2 pound loss a week. 1500 calories is a good amount for me. I exercise 3-4 times a week and if I want to go out I exercise MORE!
    (will work for food!!)

It has been 19 months and not only did I lose the 30 I was looking to lose, I lost an additional 6 hardly trying.

My point is this may be the LAST time you have to lose those stinking 4 pounds!!

Keep your chin up and your mind in the game............you will NOT be sorry, promise!

:heart: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    All the wonderful things people already said.....AND... it's (IMHO).... NOT A DIET...it's a change in lifestyle, then you know you can do it for the long haul. Baby steps.....you're doing wonderfully, keep on keep'in on!! Your going to do wonderfully.:flowerforyou:

Oh that IS you!! How is Jammers??

Glad to see you around again!

Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks! I'll put down the hot fudge sundae now. :ohwell:

:laugh:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement! Having support that understands is soo important. I live with my mother who is tiny and slathers butter on everything that she eats and makes,including my daughters peanut butter and Jelly sandwich :grumble:
    My 6'1 son is eating more in one meal than I eat in an entire day and my husband who can stand to lose 40 lbs lost 5 lbs in one week by not having beer at night (I know it's water weight but crimeny!) I will get my butt out there and go do my cardio today.
    Thanks again for the support!
  • transformedjenny
    Options
    First of all if you are working out, you are building muscle...and muscle is heavier than fat....but it eats up calories like crazy. SO consider doing more strength training - weights or whatever you can. It will really help you along! You have probably lost more than 4 lbs...just gained muscle!!! yea you!!!

Also, don't restrict your diet severley or your body will go into survival mode and produce cortisol. I think 1200 calories is too little but thats just me. :) (And I like to eat. darn it. LOL.)

You are doing GREAT! GO GO GO!!!

Jenny
  • krg918
    krg918 Posts: 36
    Options
    Keep with it. I hit a plateau, but lost a pant size. The trainer measured me after 6 weeks (only went once a week through the holidays and didnt do cardio) I had lost more than 2 inches in the waist and 1 1/2 in my hips! and here I was ready to give up because i had only lost about 6 lbs. This week i have been fairly faithful to my diet and done 3-4 days of cardio and 2 days of strength training. Cant wait to be weighed on tuesday. The thing that helps me is not to weigh @ home. Seems like the closer i watch the scale the less success it shows. I wait til i go to the trainers the first of each week. You know what they say about a watched pot?!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Honey please......it took me almost 3 months to loose 5 stinkin pounds so be happy with your 4lbs in 3 weeks!!!!!! I have little to lose so I'm lucky if I get a half pound a week! :grumble: :angry: :explode:
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    4 pounds in 3 weeks is faster than the recommended 1# per week! 4 pounds in 3 weeks is 8 pounds in 6 weeks, or 12 pounds in 9 weeks. It is a fantastic rate of weight loss. ANY loss should be celebrated. I don't know about you, but I have no loss weeks when I would have been really happy with even 1/2 a pound loss.

Sometimes I think shows like the Biggest Loser set up ridiculous expectations for what is really a safe, healthy, fabulous weight loss rate. Just keep plodding along. I know I didn't gain weight overnight, and I don't expect to lose it overnight. :)
  • JMKelmer
    Options
    Please don't get discouraged! You are doing GREAT. Keep it up it is all worth it. I go through periods of time when I have a corrot and gain 5lbs and then other times when I eat whatever and lose an lb. I really think the cyclical nature of hormones play a role. Hang in there sister your time is coming and when it does you will be melting it all off!