Please Help, I'm not losing weight anymore

Options
2»

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Gawd this site makes me so sad sometimes. People destroying themselves to "get healthy" is just so aweful. Please go see a doctor and get the help you need.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I would say cut your calories by about 500 and see if you start losing again.. since your netting 0 calories you need to have a 500 calorie deficit for the day...

I AM KIDDING!!! Eat More! Like 1000 calories more! (and even more when you have those crazy burn days) (1300-1500 net and more when exercising)
  • Minerva0403
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I didn't realize the danger I was causing to my body. Change is on it's way! :D
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I didn't realize the danger I was causing to my body. Change is on it's way! :D

Good! What you've been doing is very scary.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Glad to hear it!!!!!!!
  • gingbean
    gingbean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I looked over your food diary. It's a lot of protein and/or junk food! Where are your fruits and veggies!! Those should be your staples!! Protein is good, but you can harm your body with too much protein.

I'm also currently at a bit more of a plateau than I'm comfortable with. However, due to a family emergency kind of situation, I know I dropped a lot very quickly recently, so I'm trying to be as calm with that as I can. Plateaus suck!!

Best of luck to you!
  • Oops25
    Oops25 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The answer lies in your question itself - before you were not exercising much, so with whatever little you were eating, it was enough consumption and deficit for that level of activity. Now you are exercising A LOT more, so you need A LOT more food too..Your TDEE has obviously increased, so your calorie consumption must increase too and you should maintain a healthy deficit, not the kind of insane deficits you are currently following coz clearly your body is probably in starvation mode and so is storing every bit of food you give it. If you eat more, your metabolism will start ticking again and you will start seeing weight loss.. In summary, EAT MORE TO LOSE MORE !
  • Sia_33
    Sia_33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Please explain to me how u lozt 36ibs in 1 month. I have to lose 30 ibs and im struggling.
  • bgerwing
    bgerwing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Actually, I do and do not agree with what is being said.

1 ) I agree the weight loss is way too fast
    2) but the math is not adding up...if this person is eating too little, and exercising a lot, he should still be losing weight. And it does not compute even if he is adding muscle or if his body is in starvation mode. Starvation mode only slows consumption a little...not as much as being reported.

Think about it...you don't believe in perpetual motion machines because they defy the laws of physics. And, if you are burning calories thru exercise and not replacing them, you lose weight...simple as that!

There are 2 simple explanations for the situation:

1) the person is not properly counting the calories being consumed. Or:
    2) the person is not expending as much energy as he thinks exercising.

Sorry, everyone, but simple laws of physics apply....the details are incorrect.
  • nurseellie10
    nurseellie10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never eat back my burnt calories should I??
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Okay,so before anyone says anything, I am completely aware that my calorie intake is very low. The thing is, I tried this exact diet before and lost 36lbs in a month, and I only did about 20min at the most of exercise. Now I'm doing so much more, and I stopped losing weight, if anything I feel like I'm gaining it. I workout ALOT everyday. I'm starting to feel very discouraged and I just wanna give up. I feel like, what's the point of this?! I just don't understand. I was losing like a lbs everyday, and now it stopped and I feel stuck. Someone please help! My diary is public so feel free to take a look. ONLY constructive criticism wanted. Thank's Everyone.
    Okay,so before anyone says anything, I am completely aware that my calorie intake is very low. The thing is, I tried this exact diet before and lost 36lbs in a month, and I only did about 20min at the most of exercise. Now I'm doing so much more, and I stopped losing weight, if anything I feel like I'm gaining it. I workout ALOT everyday. I'm starting to feel very discouraged and I just wanna give up. I feel like, what's the point of this?! I just don't understand. I was losing like a lbs everyday, and now it stopped and I feel stuck.

I am completely aware that my calorie intake is very low. The thing is, I tried this exact diet before and lost 36lbs in a month, and I only did about 20min at the most of exercise. Now I'm doing so much more, and I stopped losing weight, if anything I feel like I'm gaining it. I workout ALOT everyday. I'm starting to feel very discouraged and I just wanna give up.

my calorie intake is very low.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You need to fuel your body, your working out more and yet your still only giving it a bare minium of food. Not good. Just like your car has to have fuel to run your body must also.. EAT..
  • travllr
    travllr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're too much "in a hurry." Set your weekly loss goals to 2 lbs (max), or less. Then, place emphasis on fats and proteins, minimizing carbs as you can. (If you can keep carbs at 20% +/- that would be very good; but keeping them lower, relative to fats and proteins is the thing).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This thread was started in 2012....
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    This thread was started in 2012....

:sad: