SALAD DRESSING!!

Options
ANY RECIPES FOR LOW-CAL YUMMY SALAD DRESSING??

Replies

• nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    I love Pace Picante and mix 2 Tablespoons of that with 1 Tablespoon of Helman's Light Mayo. It makes quite a bit and it's spicy and creamy at the same time - all for only 45 calories. Satisfies all requirements.
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maggamooo
    Options
    I use Kraft fat free katalina.:smile:
  • sierrajade2012
    Options
    I love Pace Picante and mix 2 Tablespoons of that with 1 Tablespoon of Helman's Light Mayo. It makes quite a bit and it's spicy and creamy at the same time - all for only 45 calories. Satisfies all requirements.

What is Pace Picante? is that sold in Canada lol
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    Not sure if it is in Canada... It is with the Salsa varieties. It comes in Mild, Medium and Hot. Not sure if we can post links, but it is pacefoods.com You could use any variety of salsa and just mix it with a Tablespoon of light mayo. Salsa is low in calories and the mayo makes it creamy.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Great idea! You are full of great things aren't you? :)
  • maggamooo
    Options
    That sounds good. Some sour cream is good in it too. Haven't tried the mayo but thanks for the idea.
  • estjames
    estjames Posts: 76
    Options
    I have tried FF Hidden Valley Ranch, which is gross, but if you add some Frank's hot sauce it is delicious as a salad dressing or dip. The other kind I like is Maple Valley sugar free raspberry vinaigrette.
  • workitoffnow
    workitoffnow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Newman's Lite Balsamic is great and only 45 calories a serving. I use about 200 calories of it because I eat a big salad. Doesn't taste diet-y.
  • roseydo
    roseydo Posts: 6
    Options
    How about Balsamic Vinegar? Low in calories and really refreshing.
  • fishingwoman
    fishingwoman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like to use lowfat or frat free yogurt and mix it with spices when I need something creamy and guilt free. 1/3 cup is about 50 calories and a bunch of dressing. Otherwise oil from my mister and some balsalmic or red wine vinegar
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with raspberry walnut vinegarette, 2 tbsp for 80 cals
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Use regular salad dressing, but instead of putting it on the salad itself, keep it off to the side and dip your fork in before eat bite. You'll still get the flavor but you'll use very little of it so the calories will stay nice and low.
  • getfit1975
    getfit1975 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp honey
    1.5 tbsp light evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
    splash of lime juice
    s&p to taste

off the chain delish!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I use the great value (walmart brand) light honey dijon. Great on salad and as a dip (not as thick as a regular honey mustard though). I also like the Kraft greek vinagrette with feta cheese made with olive oil. Both are about 70 cals per 2 tbsp and are low in fat. very yummy!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • midcenturymodern69
    Options
    I make dressing or veggie dip with fat free cottage cheese. I use the ranch dip mix that comes powdered in packets (Hidden Valley brand) and put the fat free cottage cheese, water and the powder in the blender. I keep adding water until it's the consistency I want it to be. The stats are good and the cottage cheese has protein in it. I also use Kraft Free Zesty Italian which is 15 cal. for 2 tbsp.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Ingredients -
    Car
    Cash money

Method -
    1. Get in car and drive to store. If it's cold outside, pre-heat your car.
    2. Drive to your local grocery store. Get out of the car and go inside.
    3. Go to the refrigerated dressings (usually in with the produce near the salad mixes).
    4. Peruse the selection from Bolthouse Farms and pick one you like.
    5. Walk to the register and hand over your cash.
    6. Drive home and enjoy your new tasty dressing.

I happen to like the Salsa Ranch (45 calories per 2 TBSP) and the Raspberry Merlot Viniagrette (30 calories per 2 TBSP). Just picked up the mango whatever, haven't tried it yet. My wife likes the Creamy Ranch (also 45 calories per TBSP). Sodium is in line with other dressings, so you won't get penalized there.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Simpley Dressed Pomegranate and Trader Joes Pear