cheat meal advice

Options
2»

Replies

• ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm also with others about the term "cheat meal". I just eat very healthy Sunday-thursday and don't crazy myself out on the weekends. If I want some cake, I'll eat it. One meal won't kill you...it's eating like that all day, every day that's the problem. Deprivation will cause failure, in my opinion.
  • 160Mooney
    160Mooney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is a lot of calories if you are able to eat the right foods. I have 2-3 small snacks in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner under 1200 and I have a ton of energy. It is plenty of food to sustain my light activity. I take two half hour walks a day and do a little bit of strength training. If you want to eat something unhealthy, I would try and put it as early in the day as possible and eat healthy the rest of the day vice versa. I see nothing wrong with it. I had some pasta yesterday with a lil bit of chicken and olive oil and didn't feel I was cheating. :wink:
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome! I'm loving all these responses! The problem is I haven't been craving anything, believe it or not! I do think I need to up my daily calorie budget a bit.

And oh--what's wrong with a happy meal????? that made me laugh!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1. you should be eating about 1600 calories a day
    2. Why do you reward yourself with food - isnt that like celebrating a marathon by running away from the finish line when you get to the end?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet if you bumped up your daily calorie goal to say...1400... the scale would budge again.

Just my two cents.

So yes, eat the rice.

^^This! 1200 is too low for most people. And yes, have the rice!
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Actually rice isn't that bad if you won't add too much oil. Load on carbs one day and work extra the next. You might even perform better.
  • Cindy393
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 6 of level 1 of the 30 day shred. I'll definitely add extra cardio to my workout!
  • phoneman16
    Options
    I say chinese!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's not a cheat meal if you're being careful about the calories in it...
  • Cindy393
    Options
    1. you should be eating about 1600 calories a day
    2. Why do you reward yourself with food - isnt that like celebrating a marathon by running away from the finish line when you get to the end?

My doctor had wanted me on a 1200 calorie a day diet.

I'm not rewarding myself with food-I'm trying what seems to have helped everyone else on plateaus. Even Bob Harper advises this!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome! I'm loving all these responses! The problem is I haven't been craving anything, believe it or not! I do think I need to up my daily calorie budget a bit.

And oh--what's wrong with a happy meal????? that made me laugh!
    lol I wouldn't eat that crap if I was TREATING myself. If I want a fast food burger, I'd go to Five Guys.

I agree, if you're going to use an earned meal, make it something worth eating. McD's is such ******** ****