Ladies eating 1800 calories or more?

Options

Replies

• lovemydogjake
    lovemydogjake Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow - mfp put me at 1200 calories and most days I'm right there or way under when I exercise. Wondering now why I'm so low - seeing everyone's goals. I'm tracking to lose 20-ish pounds.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am 7 pounds from goal and am 5'4". I currently eat 2050 as a MINIMUM and on high burn days I can get close to 2300 ( I NEVER net below my bmr which is 1450). I have been doing this since Feb and have lost 32 pounds. I am never hungry and never feel the need to "cheat" because this isnt a diet, it is just how I live now. I work out 5-6 days per week doing cardio, HIIT and lifting. It has never been this easy to lose weight before and I feel confident I am setting a good example for my daughter by actually eating real food... and lots of it!!!
  • carolannew
    Options
    I'm 6' tall....my goal is 1590 (I have a desk job) but I burn at least 700 calories a day (bike to and from work). I eat around 1800-2000. I'm not losing much though, so.....maybe I'll increase.

Carol
  • erincampbell9
    erincampbell9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What does it mean to "cut"? I get the TDEE - 20% as a "cut value" but there is something I am missing? Thanks
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My base Is set at 1445 and usually ends up around 2200, I'm losing hoping to get down 27.5 pounds but I run daily and workout out daily well 5 days a week :-)
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and exercise 6 days per week. My daily goal is anywhere from 1800-2300 calories depending on how hard I worked out. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 122 pounds.

How's that working out for you? I'm also about where you are and am terrified of upping my intake.

Also interested!!! I'm 5'3 and 135 and wanna be 125. I'm curious to know what your net total was when you were losing?
  • BluthLover
    Options
    I am 7 pounds from goal and am 5'4". I currently eat 2050 as a MINIMUM and on high burn days I can get close to 2300 ( I NEVER net below my bmr which is 1450). I have been doing this since Feb and have lost 32 pounds. I am never hungry and never feel the need to "cheat" because this isnt a diet, it is just how I live now. I work out 5-6 days per week doing cardio, HIIT and lifting. It has never been this easy to lose weight before and I feel confident I am setting a good example for my daughter by actually eating real food... and lots of it!!!

Awesome!!! Good work :)
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Also, MFP only gave me 1400 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week. Even after eating exercise calories, I was still hungry and felt AWFUL. I increased to 1600 (gradually, I did 1500 for a week or two, then up to 1600 - this was a few months ago), and felt so much better and guess what else - the scale FINALLY budged. Not very much, but I'm comfortably into size 12 pants now instead of barely getting into them (and some days not even!).

My goal right now is to get to 140, then I'll re-evaluate my goal. I'm 5'3", so that would be where my BMI would indicate I'm at a healthy weight. Adding: I'm around 180 right now.

YES!!!! This is exactly how I was feeling!! I was exercising so hard (zumba and elliptical, running on treadmill) at 1200 cals a day and was completely exhausted, run down, and achy, with headaches. No weight loss for months! I was also starving!!! I was told to up my caloric intake to 2000 each active day. I'm 200 lbs 5'4" so my TEE was 2500 minus 20%. I'm inspired that you saw the scale move a bit. I will say my endurance and breathing were better and I did pull in an inch around the waist from the elliptical but I'm quite sure my fat loss has been zero. It's probable that I've gained fat! Anyway thanks!
  • tljohnson
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooo confused. I don't think I am eating enough calories. Is mfp right for the calories they are telling us to eat? Thank you. Help is needed...
  • BluthLover
    Options

Also, MFP only gave me 1400 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week. Even after eating exercise calories, I was still hungry and felt AWFUL. I increased to 1600 (gradually, I did 1500 for a week or two, then up to 1600 - this was a few months ago), and felt so much better and guess what else - the scale FINALLY budged. Not very much, but I'm comfortably into size 12 pants now instead of barely getting into them (and some days not even!).

My goal right now is to get to 140, then I'll re-evaluate my goal. I'm 5'3", so that would be where my BMI would indicate I'm at a healthy weight. Adding: I'm around 180 right now.

YES!!!! This is exactly how I was feeling!! I was exercising so hard (zumba and elliptical, running on treadmill) at 1200 cals a day and was completely exhausted, run down, and achy, with headaches. No weight loss for months! I was also starving!!! I was told to up my caloric intake to 2000 each active day. I'm 200 lbs 5'4" so my TEE was 2500 minus 20%. I'm inspired that you saw the scale move a bit. I will say my endurance and breathing were better and I did pull in an inch around the waist from the elliptical but I'm quite sure my fat loss has been zero. It's probable that I've gained fat! Anyway thanks!

I was in the same boat. I couldn't net 1200 anymore so i upped my net to 1550. I've gained a few lbs over the last three weeks and am hoping to see the scale go down soon!!
  • BluthLover
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooo confused. I don't think I am eating enough calories. Is mfp right for the calories they are telling us to eat? Thank you. Help is needed...

This topic is hotly debated on here. Some people think that 1200 is fine for a net goal, or even below. Some people say no way. I think it varies person to person what is successful. For ME personally i found netting 1200 a day was making me exhausted and cranky and starving. I also wasn't losing any weight. I upped my calories to net 1550 and am waiting and seeing what happens.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and exercise 6 days per week. My daily goal is anywhere from 1800-2300 calories depending on how hard I worked out. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 122 pounds.

Me too! Only I'm an inch taller and four pounds heavier:)
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am eating close to that each day, aiming for 1700. I am 5'4" and tryign to get to 125 for my goal weight, only have a little bit left to lose
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What does it mean to "cut"? I get the TDEE - 20% as a "cut value" but there is something I am missing? Thanks

Cutting, in a weight sense, is losing fat while keeping your lean body mass that you got bulking up.
  • SHAMLEYCHAR
    Options
    mine to :)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 148 pounds, and generally eat between 1800-2000 a day total, netting me somewhere between 1500-1600 calories, except for Sundays (my long run day), during which I can pretty much eat whatever I want and only get back up to 1000 net. I'm not really trying to lose weight, but I would like to get down to 20% body fat (about 22-23 right now).
  • mrs714889
    mrs714889 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am! 1830 actually. I think it's because I weigh SO much. I start with 1830 but Mon-Friday I burn at least 600 calories and I end up eating most of them, but Im still losing weight :) I started at 281 and right now I'm at 272. I just want to weight UNDER 200...I'd like my weight to start with a "1" I don't think that's too much to ask
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Trying to stop losing at 2100 plus exercise. Not sure if its enough still experimenting