Need Support Team and Motivation

Options
Hey everyone!

My name is Mary. I am 34 years old and a full-time working, married, mother of four.

I joined MFP a few months back but only got serious about losing my weight this past July. I started out this time at 213. My highest weight just being 2 pounds from that at 215. I am 5'-2" so I am round. My cw is 209 after one month of working out three days a week with a trainer for an hour each work out. I also have been tracking my intake M-F because honestly on the weekends I want to eat what everyone else is eating. I know this is hindering my overall effort and therefore I am here because I need support and motivation to keep me going even on the weekends.

As I said I meet with a trainer three days a week and we do strength training. I have been trying to motivate myself to go at least two more days a week to add cardio for a total of 5 days a week!

I just need a support system.

Thanks! :ohwell:

Replies

• Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. I am in need of a support system. You can add me and we can support each other!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Hi you can add me if you want
  • abueker11
    abueker11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary! I could use the same support and motivation. Looking to lose 100ish pounds so that I'm healthy when the time comes to have a baby. Feel free to add and we can support!
  • mwhite0578
    Options
    Thanks so much!:smile:
  • mwhite0578
    Options
    Thanks bunches! :smile:
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! Sounds like we have a similar story. We can encourage each other.
  • Lisame11
    Lisame11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I've been here almost two weeks. It seems we have similar stories and aims - and I just wasn't ready before. My head knew I should and I would think about it all the time, but I've only just arrived at the right place if you know what I mean.

I'm 41 and a mum of one 14 yr old daughter. I work part time and am currently on holiday from work. I've started doing the nhs podcasts couch to 5k, and just started week 2 yesterday. I try to do some Wii fit exercise as its low impact and more about flexibility on the alternate days to jogging. I am really impressed that you work full time, work out 3 times a week and you are looking to add more!

I am finding its relatively easy to keep going at the weekend because we don't go out a lot at the weekends, and with it being summer I can usually find time to exercise inside or out - there seem to be more hours in the day. :)

I have found that if I know I'm going out (like I did today) I eat a really sensible breakfast, low cal lunch then I have more choice later. I don't know if that helps at all? What do you do at the weekends that tempts you to stray from the path? :wink:
  • mwhite0578
    Options
    Hey Lisame11!

It's everything really....my kiddos ages are 14,12,7 and 5.

On the weekends it's go go go. High school football season is starting next Friday night which means I will be working the concession stands and eating in between customers. It's all concession food. Saturdays are never really good food wise. It just kind of depends on what we have going on. Sitting around the house isn't too bad but if we go out for supper or lunch that's more restaurant stuff. Than on Sundays we always go eat lunch after church. This past Sunday is was buffett pizza. Almost every weekend there is a birthday party to attend which means cake and carbs.

I always feel like I am being deprived by not being able to eat what they eat. I know it's crazy to think that way but it's how I feel. I know part of it is laziness on my part because I do nothing to prepare meals for mysel for the upcoming weekend. I can do really well during the week and than bomb the weekends.

I am hoping that actually being part of the community on here will allow me to be more accountable to myself and others.

This sounds like I am rambling....I am sorry.
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    We have a similar goal and started off at a similar weight.
    Good luck to you and add me if you like :flowerforyou: