Zucchini and Carrot Pancakes, Delish!

Options
2»

Replies

• maggamooo
    Options
    this might make a nice side dish too, maybe. What are your thoughts?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Yep, that is kinda how I did mine. I loved squash.
  • sparkerwallace
    sparkerwallace Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you like the recipe and tweaked it to serve your needs in the best way. That's great. Yes the salt is there to draw any bitterness and extra moisture out. It does make a difference - I tried. I found the carrots needed just a minute of steaming in the microwave to soften them up a bit.

This recipe is absolutely flexible and so many adaptations can be done. Add a little Parmesan for a completely different flavor.

Hope more people try this recipe and post how they liked it.

I have posted step-by-step pictures of this recipe if you would like to see: It is the seventh recipe down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nortx

Enjoy:flowerforyou:

Thanks, Nortx. I'm looking forward to going home and showing some of your recipes to my wife. They look delicious!
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    this might make a nice side dish too, maybe. What are your thoughts?

That's how I did mine, I used it as a side. We had baked spaghetti squash as our main dish and these as a side.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I did something similiar to this last night. Very very good. I didn't have the carrots but its a good idea. Hint for those trying it, it can get pretty liquidy, I put mine in a collander so it could be draining extra liquid off.

I thought it might make a yummy gf pizza crust as I had chicken with spaghetti sauce on the side. So yummy.

Try draining the squash on a tea towel inside a strainer, then just give the tea towel a few good squeezes and twists to get all the water out. Was really simple that way. I bet you could press it with a big spoon too but this was pretty easy for me as we always have kitchen towels handy :flowerforyou:
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Super yummy!! Thank you for posting.
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Delicious! It's also nice to replace part of the wheat flour with kamut for a lovely flavor!
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Delicious! It's also nice to replace part of the wheat flour with kamut for a lovely flavor!

Ive never heard of kamut?
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thank you!
  • artessa546
    artessa546 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump