has anyone heard of the 3 day diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My mother does that when she gets motivated. I've tried so many times to tell her to just eat healthier foods and stop frying everything instead of doing these silly diets but she refuses to listen.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Isn't this just a variation of the Eat Stop Eat or Feast and Fast thing, just with a meal plan? What really puzzled my about the link posted above is that on a day when you are trying to eat under 900 cals, why would you use a third of them on ice cream. Surely if you really need ice cream, you could have some on the other days. The low cal days would be better made up of healthier more filling things. Just generally seems like an odd meal plan to me, but I have no issue with the basic idea.
  • Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple, I have used it the same way someone would use a 30 day shred. For 5 months I was at a plateau. My 30 day shred was the 3 day diet. I went over 160 days strait on the MFP and stopped losing weight. I am on the 2nd to the last day of my 30 day shred of the 3 day diet. When I weigh myself first thing friday morining I have high hopes to be another 2 lbs down. If it were just water weight I wouldn't be losing weight consistently every week or I would be a prune now having done this for 4 weeks. Modified to my particular taste, it is no different than when I was eating 1200-1400 calories when I first started MFP. I eat a piece of toast with a TBS of peanutbutter on it for a snack which puts me in the range of 1200-1400. My meals are in the right proportions as when I was doing the body for life of carbs, proteins and fiber. Sure, I would like to switch another piece of pork loin in lieu of the icecream seeing as I am lactose intolerant but 2 lbs per week I can't complain. Next week I plan on going back to the MFP routine, but you better bet I am going to do another 3 day diet shred plan next plateau I hit.
  • Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    NSV- I just cut 4 inches out of my belt and put on my skinny jeans last friday and they almost fell off me. Jeans I haven't worn for about 12 years.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    if you are going to diet for 3 days you are not going to loose pounds - anyone that says you are will be lying to you.
  • gingbean
    gingbean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WholeDanFamily - I appreciate your comments! It's also known as the Military Diet as it's commonly used to drop weight quickly before a weigh-in in the military. I am just starting this, as I need a boost right now - mostly in confidence to continue. Sometimes it's about a plateau or a confidence booster or fitting into an outfit for an occassion rather than long term goals. I like that you used this as a 30 Day Shred!! I plan on eating mostly fruits and veggies during my 4 days off before starting the 3 Days again, if I see happy improvements!! I'm really looking forward to this - except for the hot dogs and ice cream.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hmmm can't say that I have.
    But, I have heard of the 1 day diet. Drink lots of tequila and then vomit everything up next day.
    Happens every weekend :ohwell:
    So what is the 3 day diet??

HA! I did that diet ONCE! Never again :sick:
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    What happens on Day 4?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What happens on Day 4?

That llama bites you.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    meh
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried or knoe someone whose done the 3 day diet? , does it work to drop a few pounds, eating their diet plan ? Thankyou!!

Say whaaaaaaaat?
    llama-stare-gif.gif

Friggin. Love. This!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Do you take a lot of Ex-Lax and lay cable for the neighborhood?
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    ::flips desk and storms out::

lol