Knee/ joint pain

Options
Hey all...I'm sure I'm not the only one with aches and pains, especially in my knees...have tried several types of supplements but wonder what everyone else takes?

Replies

• katamarann
    katamarann Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    is it a sharp pain , like right below the knee caps but a bit towards the sides ?
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    A few things that work for me.
    1. Soothing cream for joint pain.(try JointFlex)
    2. Compression gear (try zensah)
    3. Ice after jogs and runs.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i take glucosamine and do exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knees. i also do physical therapy moves as part of my cool down to prevent my runners knee from flaring up. so far its worked. i haven't had any joint pain in 3 months now.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I used KT Tape when I started to transition from walking to jogging. It helped me a great deal. Once I dropped some more weight and strengthened some surronding muscle I didn't need it anymore.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    my pain is osteoarthritis, i take the nsaid Meloxicam, its the only thing that has worked.
  • paperducks
    Options
    I second the glucosamine suggestion. It has helped me a great deal.
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have chondromalacia in both knees (knee caps are waaaay off track!) and recently started physical therapy. Using KT pro tape to tape them up before workouts & ice after has been a huuuge help! I've also been drinking Joint Juice & taking fish oil, not sure if that's actually doing anything or not though!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't have knee or joint pain, but I am a 45 year old runner, I ran about 100 miles a month, and am training for my next half marathon. I have "creeky" knees and I believe no pain since I started taking joint support and calcium. My knees no longer ache.

I also stretch several times a day, which really does help.
  • strikeout
    Options
    my pain is osteoarthritis, i take the nsaid Meloxicam, its the only thing that has worked.

Same here, its from my years working in a freezer havent found anything that really helps here that i wont get addicted to so i have to grin and bear it
  • Hmwarren84
    Hmwarren84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump (interested in getting some tips for this myself!)
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I take glucosamine religiously. it takes a while for the benefits to kick in (3 months?), and if you stop or are spotty with it, it doesn't really work well, at least for me. Also, the stronger I get, the less my joints hurt. I had to push through joint pain to lift heavier (whereas before I used to favor the pain and lift lighter); the greater muscular strength really seems to have helped relieve the pressure on the joints.
  • JerryB6768
    Options
    I've had great results with a multi-ingredient supplement called OmniFlex. For me, it worked a lot better than glucosamine. It has fish oil, krill oil, rosehips, collagen and pine bark extract. I was told I needed knee replacement about 5 yrs ago, but now w/o 5X/wk with no real pain.
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My knees ache like during the night after I've done a lot of Cardio or ran ..I've also have worked as a nurse for 16 years on a med/surg floor so those years of pounding pavement hasn't helped...i did take glucosamine from the NOW brand, didn't find it helpful...have taken TRIFLEX (i think thats the name from gnc )..decided to try that again but it was $40...so changed my mind..my knees don't bother me everyday tho..just want a good supplement ...also have tried hylauric acid (sp?)..only took that for one month tho