Lifelong fatty seeks friends and support

Options
Hey, I'm Marie. I'm 22 years old and what I call a "lifelong fatty." I even came out of the womb fat, I kid you not. Growing up, I've ranged from somewhat overweight to obese. I love my parents, but they did not give me a whole lot of direction in the way of nutrition. But forget all that - I'm a bona fide grown-up now, so no more excuses. I'm ready to get healthier!

What kind of support am I looking for? Well, I can probably relate best to those who have a lot of weight to lose or have lost a lot of weight. (I'm not even sure what my goal weight looks like, because I've never really been there. I'm about 80 pounds away from a healthy BMI, so I'm going to stick with that for now.) People around my age would also be awesome. However, anyone who is supportive is more than welcome to add me! I do have a bit of a self-deprecating sense of humor (e.g., calling myself a "lifelong fatty"), so be prepared for that.

Hope to hear from you!

Replies

• scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well I am pretty far outside your age but have struggled my entire life. In that time I have learned a lot and am always willing to share and support. Feel free to add me.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have grandchildren your age, but that shouldn't make a difference -- support is support. I need to lose about 110 lbs so will be on the site for a long time. I'm happy to encourage all my mfp friends. Add me if you want some "not really grandmotherly advice." I'd be happy to encourage you when needed and sympathize with you when needed.
  • Natareeree
    Options
    AGREED on many counts :)
    I be 23 and have been overweight since 5th grade, and fell into the "obese" category after highschool.
    I have basically the same goal, to reach that "special" BMI 140-150 pounds. (I'm 5'4")
    I also have no problem calling myself fat :)
    I'm actually content with where I am, but my cholesterol seems to think otherwise.
    Add me if you'd like, we can be fat friends :D
  • mnmarie
    mnmarie Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! It's nice to find people who can relate. I will be adding you all shortly.
  • kmtc1982
    Options
    I am 29 and I am in the 220s I started out like 290 I would love to help you along feel free to add me too sweetie
  • mnmarie
    mnmarie Posts: 11
    Options
    I am 29 and I am in the 220s I started out like 290 I would love to help you along feel free to add me too sweetie

Will do!