Ladies eating 1800 calories or more?

Options

Replies

• amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat 1800+. I have lost 50 so far and am aiming for another 24 pounds. 140 is my goal weight right now..
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

Also, MFP only gave me 1400 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week. Even after eating exercise calories, I was still hungry and felt AWFUL. I increased to 1600 (gradually, I did 1500 for a week or two, then up to 1600 - this was a few months ago), and felt so much better and guess what else - the scale FINALLY budged. Not very much, but I'm comfortably into size 12 pants now instead of barely getting into them (and some days not even!).

My goal right now is to get to 140, then I'll re-evaluate my goal. I'm 5'3", so that would be where my BMI would indicate I'm at a healthy weight. Adding: I'm around 180 right now.

YES!!!! This is exactly how I was feeling!! I was exercising so hard (zumba and elliptical, running on treadmill) at 1200 cals a day and was completely exhausted, run down, and achy, with headaches. No weight loss for months! I was also starving!!! I was told to up my caloric intake to 2000 each active day. I'm 200 lbs 5'4" so my TEE was 2500 minus 20%. I'm inspired that you saw the scale move a bit. I will say my endurance and breathing were better and I did pull in an inch around the waist from the elliptical but I'm quite sure my fat loss has been zero. It's probable that I've gained fat! Anyway thanks!

I was in the same boat. I couldn't net 1200 anymore so i upped my net to 1550. I've gained a few lbs over the last three weeks and am hoping to see the scale go down soon!!

I had to go back and look at my blogs/weight check-ins, and I actually went from 1400 to 1550 then to 1600 net. When I started, I was stuck in the 185-188 range at 1400 calories. After upping mine, I dropped to the high 170s where I am now. I need to do measurements again, too. The other thing I started doing recently is lifting heavier. So my weight hasn't budged much, but people are definitely noticing a difference! :) And like I said, I can tell in my clothes as well.

I think the other problem is that I set my daily activity level to sedentary, since I have a desk job. But I do a bit a walking (sometimes a lot) during the day (my fitbit usually logs 6000 steps while at work; I had 8k once on a really busy day), so I'm not sitting *all* day. So I think I was burning more than I was giving myself credit for.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and exercise 6 days per week. My daily goal is anywhere from 1800-2300 calories depending on how hard I worked out. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 122 pounds.

How's that working out for you? I'm also about where you are and am terrified of upping my intake.

Also interested!!! I'm 5'3 and 135 and wanna be 125. I'm curious to know what your net total was when you were losing?

I came to MFP after I reached my original goal weight at 130 pounds. Wish I had known about it before! MFP calculated 1440 maintenance calories for my daily goal and I ate that plus any exercise calories. I lost more weight (which wasn't a bad thing) and before I knew it I was down to 122 pounds. I increased my calories to 1530 by changing my settings to "Lightly Active". 1530 plus any exercise calories seems to be the magic number for me.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I aim to net about 1600-1700 to lose weight. I burn about 3000 calories/week in exercise so I end up eating about 2100/day to lose.

I burn about 2200-2300/day when I don't work out.

I'm 5'7" and 163 lbs. My goal is about 150 lbs @ 20% BF.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie goal is 1765.

I burn between 400-800 most days.

On week days I usually eat around 1800-2100. Weekends can be more than that :)
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1600... I'm considering upping it, though. On workout days (4-5 days a week) I'll eat upwards of 2200.

Edit: I have about 60 pounds left to lose, and started with about 80.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1600 right now before exercise to lose 1 pound a week, but with exercise, I'm usually eating above 2,000.
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Mine is 1500 plus exercise points, so today I am eating over 2000. I ate the most I've eaten for a while yesterday and was lighter today than yesterday :) Eating good foods and plenty of them is good!
  • cauleyma
    Options
    my calorie goal is 1490 daily but when I run I get about 600 MORE calories, I am trying to lose my last six pounds.
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    Maintaining at about 3,000-3,400 after exercise. Well, my weight fluctuates about 3-4 pounds every week, but clothes always fit the same unless im super bloated
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    5.2ish 120lbs goal weight 110-115lb..Mine is set at 1500 but since starting Insanity that has gone up to 1800-1900. I do tend to still have days where I'm not hungry and I'm up at 10pm eating spoonfuls of peanut butter to get my net up lol
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow! mines only 1320? why is that?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to be eating just over 2000 a day (per doctor's orders, which I am skeptical of at the moment!). I haven't quite worked up to eating that with the other dietary guidelines she gave me, but I am glad to see others who aren't living on 1200 calories a day! (I always feel like people look at my food diary and wonder if I am *really* trying to lose weight).
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    ugh.. I wish.. made me drool to think it! lol.. when i joined mfp a lil ova 5wks ago i put it at 2#'s a week loss and only got 1200 cals a day! did that a month and wanted/try more.. changed it to 1 1/2#'s a wk.. and have 1380 a day. i exercise 400 cals burned minimum a day and usaully btwn 600-800 a day! and i eat them back of course.. leave a few maybe... but my NET cals is 1380
    and i think of upping them even more sometimes.. cuz i see peeps on here smaller then me w/less to loose and they get like 1600?? so im like ??? lol:indifferent:
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thats me! I do my TDEE -20% so i eat about 1800 a day! Somedays less some days more depending on how hungry i am from working out. Ive recently switched from Turbo Jam 5 xs a wk to RI30 5xs week. Im so glad to see other ladies out there eating around what i do. I started at 1300 and was starving and afraid to bump up my calories because i didnt want to gain instead of lose and most ladies seem to be at 1200.. But i have more energy now and am happy at 1800! Just want that scale to start moving again!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

bump! mines only 1380 a day... and u look thin for sure already on ur pic?? or thinner...
    i have 50-70#'s to loose and so idk...maybe i should be grubbin more! :indifferent:
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do what MFP says, even when I hit a plateau, and I lose weight. Then, I listen to what the trainers say, and I tone up. Pure fan. Even up'd my goal to another 5 lbs to lose. Those last 5-10 are a doozy! But, I trust the site.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

bump! mines only 1380 a day... and u look thin for sure already on ur pic?? or thinner...
    i have 50-70#'s to loose and so idk...maybe i should be grubbin more! :indifferent:
    Would be much more if you accurately in put your exercise calories! Preferably with a HRM! Oh and if you aren't, weigh and measure your food!!!
  • blueeyeredhead2
    Options
    Had the sleeve surgery about 1 yr and half ago and lost 109lbs then 4 months ago gained 20lbs back..very depressing. So I'm back on the wagon and trying this again. If I gain anymore I'm going to scream. I think I have streched my stomach and feel its going to never shrink back. Still not at my goal weight and its going to take me another year I fear to get there , but figured it wasnt gained in a year so I'm in for the long run. Little over 1700 for me here.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is set to 1,650, but I eat 1/2-all my exercise calories back, so usually 1,800 - 2,000 or more. I'm pretty much at my goal weight, but trying to loose 5 more vanity lbs. and tighten up.