Ladies eating 1800 calories or more?

Options

Replies

• jejackson1977
    Options
    My Goal is 1930 and around 2500 with the hour of circuit training I do every day. My goal weight is around 170-180. I am 5'10" current weight is 302. I have lost 91lbs so far but the first 70 I lost from going from a desk job to a physical job. I maintain rental houses so I do a lot of painting, heavy duty cleaning, yard maintenance etc.

I ate whatever last year but work has slowed down so I joined the local women's circuit training gym and mfp and started tracking calories. I still get some huge burns when I have a house that I am turning over and work all day long cleaning and painting for a week. When I enter that stuff just to see sometimes my calories allowed is over 4000. I don't eat that much now no matter how much we do but I think I used to and I STILL lost 70 lbs.

I eat around 1800-2300 and have lost 18 lbs in the past 3 weeks though I think around 12 of that was probably water.

I have a long way to go but I can maintain this for the year or whatever it's going to take for me to lose the over 100lbs I have left since I'm not trying to starve myself all the time.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    On maintenance, my goal is 1570 @ 5'7" and 123-125 lbs (3-5 lbs < my original goal), but with workouts it's usually 1800 - 2200 per day, and yes, I do eat almost all of them and am still losing slightly (about .5 per month).
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    wow! mines only 1320? why is that?

bump! mines only 1380 a day... and u look thin for sure already on ur pic?? or thinner...
    i have 50-70#'s to loose and so idk...maybe i should be grubbin more! :indifferent:

If you think that 1300s is too low search the topics for "in place of a road map" it will help you figure out your TDEE and BMR. MFP started me at 1300 and i was starving and didnt lose any weight so i checked out that topic found my TDEE and have been good to go ever since!
  • ksquared0710
    ksquared0710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for this post! I was in the teens but about two months ago dropped to 1200 and have lost more but recently plateaued. Last night I went wayyyy over and was surprised to see a lower number on the scale this morning. Looked up my TDEE and subracted the 15% and it's most 2000 calories so I guess I will gradually increase my calories and try to work in more healthy snacks. Thank goodness I love me some peanut butter and apples! Here's hoping these last 16 come off a little easier!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2250, my goal is to gain 8 pounds, then cut.

I'm thinking about doing that. I feel like I'm look kinda scrawny.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 98 lbs. I lift 3x a week and bike outside on the other days. My daily calorie goal is set at 1688 and I eat 1900-2200. Net is between 1500 and 1700. May increase my calorie intake again in a few weeks' time.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I try to eat around 1800, but some days it is more.

I am trying to drop my bodyfat and I'm eating a cut of 15%
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I tend to eat between 1900-2300 calories a day. My goal is to lower my body fat percentage. It's a slow process. Last time I checked it I was at 25%. Want to be 22%.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2200 a day to lose weight.
    My goal is to be lean and mean! want to keep my muscle as I lose weight.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and exercise 6 days per week. My daily goal is anywhere from 1800-2300 calories depending on how hard I worked out. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 122 pounds.

How's that working out for you? I'm also about where you are and am terrified of upping my intake.

I eat similarly and 4'11, 105-110.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I did have my net @ 1800 but I just upped it to 2000 after reading some interesting articles. Along with the fact that I'm doing ChaLean Extreme right now and need to feed my body and that I was maintaining a steady weight for the past 2 months not really losing anything. Interestingly enough when I ate over my old goal I would see weight loss.

Intersting piece on plateaus. http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1800 a day. Some days I eat more, some days less, depending on exercise & just how hungry I am. I always net my BMR (around 1360) and usually that isn't hard to do - I like food. :tongue:

Goals are to keep losing the fat & to keep & build some lean muscle . I've gotten as low as 1.4 lbs away from my "goal weight", but at this point I'm far more concerned with my measurements, & how my clothes fit than what the scale says. I'm 44, 5' 8", work out 5-6 days a week, and alternate running and weights/strength training. And I'm asking for heavier weights for Christmas. :bigsmile:
  • charmedone10
    charmedone10 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did have my net calories @ 1400 and wasn't losing much. Last month I did Insanity the Asylum and raised my net calories to 1800. I am currently doing TurboFire/ Chalean Extreme hybrid! I lost 35lbs before MFP and another 30lbs since Sept. 2011. I have about 10 -15 more lbs to lose.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Using Dan's roadmap I eat about 1,800 a day. We'll see if it works. I just upped my calories about a week ago and My weight has been the same for the past month or so.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Inbetween 1600-2000 :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Wow... I tried 2000 then 1800... and my loss slowed down.. but inches flew off.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Maintenance with no exercise for me is about 1700. But I walk about 5days/week and sometimes run. I eat between 1800-2200cals/day and am staying about the same: 136# at 5'6"
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    1800 will be about my maintenance once I finish losing. Mmm. Just think of all the food! (I got to eat 1700 today with exercise calories and it was glorious.)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I set mine on sedentary, then I eat back most exercise calories... sometimes I don't eat them all back.

Somedays my calorie allowance goes up to 1,800 and I eat about that.

Other days I don't exercise and it stays around 1,300 .
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    I am doing TDEE - 25% so averages out to be about 1800, I am brand new to this, versus MFP telling me to eat 1300, so we shall see how it goes...I exercise 3-5 times a week for an hour at a time, zumba, kickboxing, treadmill etc. the 1300 wasn't working for me, as I wasn't losing anything...grr.