Anyone drinking body by vi shakes?

Options
I purchased two months supply of the body by vi shake powder. It really does taste good - this sorta scares me. :O Fills me up and theres many different types of shakes you can make.

what do you think of the body by vi shakes?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I think they are a waste of money
    Shop around online for some protein powder and take a multi vit
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

This.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Mixed responses for most of this type of thread. Personally, I'm not a fan of meal replacement. I like to enjoy all my calories in food form but for some people they like the quick and simple, not having to worry about what they are going to eat aspect of shakes. Some like that it can be packed full of nutrients and protein in so few relative calories.

As for BBV specifically, I think you can buy a decent powder and put in your own whole ingredients so you know exactly what is going in the shake for a lot less money. There are no unpronounceable preserves in what you are consuming, if that is a concern for you.

Also, think about once you hit your goal weight, are you going to drink the shakes forever? How are you going to work out going from shakes to eating real food again? Its just something to consider in the long run if you don't want to regain the weight you lost.
  • teryansanders
    Options
    I love them. They taste amazing! Unfortuantely I ran out! But can't wait to buy more! They filled me up and it seemed to have held off my hunger. To each their own though I suppose.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

This.

This again^^
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

This.

This again^^

^^This again again!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

This.

This again^^

^^This again again!

Yeah this!! ^^
  • kikigoblue
    Options
    I just started them and lost 3 pounds the first week. I love them! They do taste good and are filling. I love all the recipes too for them. It's easy for me to make them for breakfast/lunch. I understand everyone's concern about are you going to do this forever? No, I'm not, but it's a good way for me to feel motivated while I work on making better food choices.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them but I have a friend who is trying to sell them to me :) I have heard they taste great, but like others have said on here I am not really into meal replacement, and when I do drink a work out shake it is to fuel my body pre and post work out and I still eat a meal on top of that... I also chose a protein shake without any preservatives or other things I know are bad for me.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    Meal replacement shakes are typically a bad idea, unless you really love drinking all your calories...the main reason to drink a protein shake at ALL....is to make up any shortages in your protein intake. Many days I don't have any protein shakes because I am able to hit my goals 100% with food, which is preferably to using supplements. They are called 'supplements' for a reason...it is to supplement protein and not to replace meals.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    Options
    I love them. They taste amazing! Unfortuantely I ran out! But can't wait to buy more! They filled me up and it seemed to have held off my hunger. To each their own though I suppose.

And just how much does this cost you?

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey runs around $34(or so) per 2lb jar, 24g of protein per scoop, 120 cals per scoop.
  • islandgirl804
    Options
    I LOVE the VI Shakes! They're quick, easy, delicious and for the first time in my life my belly doesnt hurt. Idk if it's the gluten free thing or what but I'm keeping my Vi!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I think they are a waste of money. I think that everyone I've known personally who have done them have gained back a ton of weight once they hit their goals and started eating actual food again.

Are you planning to do these shakes for the rest of your life? I'm being serious, not rude. There is a reason that fads/shakes/pills, etc don't work...if you aren't planning to do them for life, what do you think is going to happen once you stop them?
  • dubjay123
    dubjay123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

This.

This again^^

^^This again again!

Yeah this!! ^^

Its true, me too^^

body by vi shakes are good but mostly good advertising. Know a few ppl that use the stuff and see results, but there's much better stuff out their.

What I started to do 3 years back is go online and see what is rated the highest for the goal you are attempting to reach.
    I generally use bodybuilding.com, they have a lot of voting pages.
    I personally use gold standard protein shakes, lil pricey compared to the stuff out there but you dont want to fill ur self up with cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I LOVED them for about 3 weeks....then they started making me sick. Really sick. Maybe a soy allergy? I don't know. I waited a couple weeks and tried again and I still got sick. :/ Hope you have better luck! I miss my peanut butter cup breakfast shake!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

This.

This again^^

^^This again again!

Yeah this!! ^^

Its true, me too^^

body by vi shakes are good but mostly good advertising. Know a few ppl that use the stuff and see results, but there's much better stuff out their.

What I started to do 3 years back is go online and see what is rated the highest for the goal you are attempting to reach.
    I generally use bodybuilding.com, they have a lot of voting pages.
    I personally use gold standard protein shakes, lil pricey compared to the stuff out there but you dont want to fill ur self up with cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.

Yes, this again again again again again ^^^^
  • country91
    country91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think they are a waste of money. I think that everyone I've known personally who have done them have gained back a ton of weight once they hit their goals and started eating actual food again.

Are you planning to do these shakes for the rest of your life? I'm being serious, not rude. There is a reason that fads/shakes/pills, etc don't work...if you aren't planning to do them for life, what do you think is going to happen once you stop them?

I am not dependant on them. lol. doesn't hurt to give them a try. Also I am not using them to lose weight but as a fast meal replacement. I usually have a shake in the morning and have heard some good things about this. I purchased the bags on ebay for CHEAPPPPPPPPPPP. This is the only reason I am trying them. Thanks for your response.
  • country91
    Options
    I LOVED them for about 3 weeks....then they started making me sick. Really sick. Maybe a soy allergy? I don't know. I waited a couple weeks and tried again and I still got sick. :/ Hope you have better luck! I miss my peanut butter cup breakfast shake!

Too much sweet makes me sick! lol. This is why I usually limit the amount of scoop and throw in fresh berries or a banana. It tastes really good. I don't use any of those add ins - that is a complete waste of money. And sure body by vi shakes are expensive but sure beats the price of shakeology!!!
  • country91
    Options
    Mixed responses for most of this type of thread. Personally, I'm not a fan of meal replacement. I like to enjoy all my calories in food form but for some people they like the quick and simple, not having to worry about what they are going to eat aspect of shakes. Some like that it can be packed full of nutrients and protein in so few relative calories.

As for BBV specifically, I think you can buy a decent powder and put in your own whole ingredients so you know exactly what is going in the shake for a lot less money. There are no unpronounceable preserves in what you are consuming, if that is a concern for you.

Also, think about once you hit your goal weight, are you going to drink the shakes forever? How are you going to work out going from shakes to eating real food again? Its just something to consider in the long run if you don't want to regain the weight you lost.

I usually use the shake in the morning. then have a snack, lunch and then dinner, snack. All healthy food choices. If I went off the shake it won't be dramatic. I do not use it every morning. :)
  • country91
    Options

I have protein powder and multi- vitamins that I normally use. Purchased the shake mix online cheap, thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks for responding.