CLEAN EATERS

Options
Hello!

The month of september I will be eating totally clean! I have never done this before and I am kinda nervous but also excited to see the great changes in my body! I have been slacking off lately so I can't wait to get back on track.

I do need help and support though!

If anyone here is eating totally clean can you help me clarify what is off limits and what I can eat? Like can I eat the whole wheat rice that comes in a bag- but thats proccessed??? Also when I'm out to eat what do I do?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• BalletBadass
    Options
    I'm not an expert in this by any means, but the rice is out. Sorry.

When at a restaurant, stick with a protein that has minimal processing - nothing breaded, no cream sauces, try for a non-sugary chutney or salsa if you can. For sides, stick to fruits and veggies, again, with minimal processing.

I think the basic premise of clean eating is that if it had a face, came from the ground or from a tree, it's okay. If it came from a factory, not so much. Dairy is a personal thing... some say yes to cheese, milk and yogurt, some say dairy is the devil. See how your body responds.
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I think you get to set your own rules about what eating clean means to you. Whatever those rules are, they're going to be an improvement. There are no extra points given for making your own yogurt (from processed milk) or buying dried beans in a plastic bag instead of the bulk bin. I try to eliminate anything pre-packaged, but that's for reasons other than nutritional.
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    hi, i have the same doubt and also starting in sept, I did look on internet but still is not very clear to me, I will let you know as soon as I find out :)
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    any one else???
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hello!

The month of september I will be eating totally clean! I have never done this before and I am kinda nervous but also excited to see the great changes in my body! I have been slacking off lately so I can't wait to get back on track.

If anyone here is eating totally clean can you help me clarify what is off limits and what I can eat? Like can I eat the whole wheat rice that comes in a bag- but thats proccessed??? Also when I'm out to eat what do I do?

If you think eating "clean" will do magical things for body comp holding cals and macros constant, I'd reassess your expectations

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Go to www.eatcleandiet.com and under the community tab click on Kitchen Table. Read the forums on there. Pick up a copy of Clean Eating Magazine. It has amazing recipes. An awesome must read book is Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. It's my bible. I've been eating clean for over a year and I have lost weight, my skin glows, and I have more energy than ever before. Hope this helps.
  • jbrann911
    Options
    I agree you pretty much set your own guidelines here. I'd say if the food you buy have ingrediants you can pronounce its good choice. I buy food with few ingrediants and all words I don't need a dictionary to look up. This doesn't have to cost more because its clean you just have to look harder. I love to to make a base for things with salsa 10 calories you can buy it or make it its tomatoes and whatever else you like and they even do carry it at the $1 store
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Rice and beans that comes in the bags that has to be cooked for a while is clean. Instant rice and canned beans are not clean.

Frozen and fresh fruits and vegetables, farm raised meat and eggs if you have it near. Raw dairy is fantastic.

Stay away from grocery store dairy, breads, crackers, boxed, frozen and other packaged foods as well as canned beans and vegetables.
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Go to www.eatcleandiet.com and under the community tab click on Kitchen Table. Read the forums on there. Pick up a copy of Clean Eating Magazine. It has amazing recipes. An awesome must read book is Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. It's my bible. I've been eating clean for over a year and I have lost weight, my skin glows, and I have more energy than ever before. Hope this helps.

just went to this website! Looks so awesome! :D
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello!

If you think eating "clean" will do magical things for body comp holding cals and macros constant, I'd reassess your expectations

Very good article.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options

This.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    By eating clean, if you mean lean meats, farmers market fruits and vegetables, no grains, legumes or processed sugar, no boxed or processed foods, no industrial oils, doing my own cooking, lots of filtered water, then yes, I eat clean.
  • aclowe01
    aclowe01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

This is the diet, correction, lifestyle my wife and I are following now(18 weeks) and we lost over 60 lbs. and 50 lbs respectively. We also added exercise, (FITBIT.com) and read 'The Blood Sugar Solution' for additional info on the ingredients in our processed foods. We feel better, look better, and have lots of energy. There are many, many websites about clean eating and Tosca Reno is inspiring.

Good luck on the journey and feel free to add me to see my diary.