Special considerations for illness?

Options
I have been sick the past couple of days with whatever virus is making its rounds this week (the snots, coughing, etc.). I did not track what I ate or try to do any exercising because I was so out of it (lots of sleep, hacking cough, etc.)

My question is this: what do YOU track when you are sick?

I guess I felt my diet changed during my illness, as did my caloric requirements (level of activity vs illness), but on the other hand, I feel wrong for not being 100% accountable like usual. Thoughts?

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think the most important thing is to get better. I hold off on worouts until I'm over the illness. I'm no expert but I usually have muscle fatigue when I'm sick and I don't wanna risk injuring a muscle trying to "over do" my movements to compenstate for the fatigue. Atleast that is what works for me. I still log all my food in but in the notes section I write in that I was sick just so I know why I was "alittle off" routine. Hope you feel better soon.
  • orklord
    orklord Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I track everything. Its a habit more than a choice.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I track everything. Its a habit more than a choice.
    Me too - even on my off days / sick days. Otherwise I STUFF my face
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better! I've had the creeping crud, too. I did log, but didn't make minimum calories every day. No exercise, either.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just get to feeling better. You can do a better job of tracking then. Just be sure to put something in the notes, so you remember what was going on.
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just focus on feeling better
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :) And did I mention I work nights, so it's even more complicated logging? lol I will try and remember all that I ate just for tracking purposes, to keep the habit up. I need more good habits, anyways ;)