What do YOU eat on days when you feel like a bottomless pit?

Options

Replies

• therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I am assuming that you are talking about those times when you aren't exactly "hungry" as in, like, stomach growling, etc.... but those days when you can't stop thinking about how delicious it would be to go grab a LOT of your trigger foods and just GO to town? I am having one of those days as we speak. It's not my body wanting fuel, it's my BRAIN wanting NUMMIES.

I think there are some days when it just gets the best of you (not the end of the world as long as it's only once in a while). What I am about to do right now is work out (Jillian, Ripped in 30) and see if I still want to eat more (I already have indulged myself a lot today, so if I was really a badass, I would do TWO sessions... and then I am going to try to have a sensible amount of food at dinner, preferably something low-calorie for high volume, so I can make myself too full to eat junk.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Soup, hot tea - or distracting myself, doing something else. :)
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I get those days where I feel like absolutely nothing will stop me from being hungry. I don't know how it all fits in my stomach. So what I do is go exercise. It may feel backwards, burning calories when you feel like you're hungry, but it works for me. I'm still hungry at the end, but I'm less hungry and a small, healthy meal fills me up and puts my brain thinking of good foods that I want instead of thinking things like chocolate cake. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because the exercise makes my body feel good so it switches to wanting healthy food.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Um, everything?
    Sometimes you need a day or two off the diet to indulge. This is a journey, and all that other jazz people tell you.. the weight will come off as long as you get back on the wagon. I don't sweat it. I'd rather enjoy my life than stress over food. I love them both too much :love:
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have eaten a box of spinach when I am really hungry....lol
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    For my hungry days, I have a Clif Builder bar, some almonds, and an apple. That normally satisfies me completely. If I still want something, I get a soy latte or drink a glass of almond milk.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Is it around your period? I feel like that for a day or two sometimes but I figure that it's okay to eat a little extra then as long as I count it.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Some people have said that if you're body is hungry then feed it. The implication is that your body knows what it needs.Sure, I agree with that but keep in mind sometimes you can go into a gorging frenzy and you'll eat way more than your body needs at that point.
  • Celestex
    Options
    Fruit, I like blending up any fruit that I can find apples, blueberries anything but I try and keep a good amount of antioxidants and fibre when I am feeling hungry. bit of ice and done keeps you full and satisfied.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    On the days I feel like a bottomless pit, I chow down on a HUGE plate of roasted vegetables, especially broccoli. Lots of fiber, tons of volume, but not a ton of calories. I get full mentally and physically, but didn't blow my day.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I eat food. If I'm that hungry, my body is trying to tell me something.

This, buuuuuuut to have a glass of water first to see if you're really hungry or just feel like eating!
  • johnallen12
    johnallen12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat when I'm not occupied with anything else so what works sometimes for me (when I get motivated) is just to get myself busy with something. For me, it can be a project, playing my guitar, reading a book, or doing something with my family. If my hands are busy, my minds not on food so much.
  • danceyoga
    Options
    I'm so glad to see other people saying that they eat when they have days like this. It seriously only happens once a month, and it's not the time of the month you might think, but I'm having one of those days today. I've tried almost all of the "tricks", but it's not psychological. I'm just HUNGRY! I think I'm going to go have a big bowl of popcorn now. That seems to be the only thing that fills me up on days like today.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Make up for it the next day. Go hard. Go very very hard.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    1 cup of success rice or uncle bens white rice or brown with 3/4 cups of 80%lean 20% ground beef and 1 or 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. I mix it all up works for me and hits the spot ;)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    When I am having sweet tooth cravings and want to eat everything in sight, I eat watermelon. It curbs my sweet tooth and you get a lot of "bang for your buck."
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Well, my daughter just made this for the family so I had to try a piece tonight! :)

cake.jpg
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Chicken and lettuce. Makes me full fast.
  • LarsyRagnhild
    LarsyRagnhild Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Massive bowl of pumpkin soup. Protein bars. That's all I've got!