What "healthy" food do you have to keep out of your house?

Options
This may be a funny question. But I have been wanting cereal for a while now. If I keep milk and cereal at my house it's usually gone in two days. I can eat cereal like it's going out of style. I'm talking about the good for you stuff too. Not the sugar loaded stuff. I just wondered if anyone else had something..that seems so innocent like cereal that you just can't have in your kitchen. ??

Replies

• cybelenoire
    cybelenoire Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Riceworks brown rice crisps.

A great alternative to crackers (as with Tuna or chicken salad) or chips (with salsa), but man a bag doesn't last two days with me. When I take some to work, I literally have to count out a serving.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mill for my cereal,I get this healthy stuff but I can't/won't eat it without milk so if I want cereal I have to make a conscious effort to walk down the block and get milk from the corner store LOL
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit
  • shanpwn
    shanpwn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with peanut butter/nut butters but lately I've been doing well keeping them in moderation.
  • pinkroseacct
    Options
    Baby Carrots. If they are here, they are gone. But only the really thin baby carrots - not the rounded edge bullet shaped ones - those are too dry. And it's even worse if hummus is in the house - because one tv show, and the bucket is gone.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Cheese...that's the love of my life :love: :noway:
  • bebaile2
    bebaile2 Posts: 19
    Options
    I second the dried fruit comment. I bought some dried pineapple once thinking it would be a healthy snack... not if you eat the whole bag because it tastes like candy. :o/
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    cheese, hummus, greek yogurt, anything rich and creamy
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    lately... almonds
  • katiefly86
    Options
    Naval Oranges!! They're full of sugar and very acidic. :frown:
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, dried fruit, trail mix, cereal, BREAD (I unfortunately can't have just one or two slices..I know no moderation)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    95% of the fruit family.... its a death sentence medically speaking for me
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Having seen so many of my US friends on here adding healthy nuts etc to their meals I bought some toasted pine nuts.....and I wish I hadn't as they are just so delicious!!! I weighed out my 5g...and then promptly ate another 5g!
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Definitely anything that comes in bulk. I will second that cereal comment--I eat a box of Smart Start or Honey Graham Ohs in a day or two max!

I bought a bag of cheddar cheese flavoured rice cakes--they are also disappearing at lightning rate. I don't even buy tins of nuts anymore, just a tiny sleeve or else those would be gone too.

Clearly, I have an issue with portion control but am working on it and trying to buy more single serve items!
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Avocado's. I absolutely love them (as you can see by my username lol). If I have them in my house I can't promise they'll stay very long lol! X
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky. I'll down an entire bag in one sitting.

I love dried fruit, too, but I don't buy it because it does Very Bad Things to my digestive tract.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    craisins - cranberry raisins i love them sooo much!
    and carrot sticks i will eat far too many carrot sticks and end up feeling very sick an hour later :( but there soooo gooooood! recently iv been substituting these with carrots from the garden though, i can resist these a little easier because i have to pull em up and clean em.
    x
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hummus. An open pot is an empty pot. I buy those little individual tubs now to ration myself. Same with yoghurt - if I buy big tubs I eat way more than I should so I stick to 125g ones.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Milk, I do manage to fit cheese in and still lose, but I drink milk like water.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    cheese slices and roasted fava beans