Size

Options
How the heck am i STILL in the same size (14) pants??? I started myfitnesspal around the beginning of the Summer weighing156 lbs. I watch my calories and exercise. I put on jeans this morning for the first time in months after losing 14lbs. (142lbs) and my size 14 jeans still fit a little snugly. I'm feeling pretty defeated. I could be eating cake and cookies and fast food like I did before rather than the fruits, veggies, and lean proteins and be the same size.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    There are times when you will see movement on the scale (like you are) and there are times when you will see change in composition - as in inches lost.... It happens to people at different times... Be patient. take a chill pill, and go with the flow. 14lbs lost since the beginning of summer is awesome.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm 14lb down and still in the same clothes. Our sizes will catch up eventually.
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    Hey, I'm down 20 and in the same size as well...its frustrating! But patience (which I'm JUST gaining) is important. Dont' let it stop you now!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss!! I know it can be very frustrating. Have patience, keep doing what you're doing, and the pants size will change. And think how much healthier you must feel with the extra weight lost and by eating all the healthy fruits and veggies! Don't worry...it will happen for you if you keep at it!! :smile:
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Don't beat up on yourself. I was at 219lbs in a tight size 18. Now, at 182 - yes, that's a 37 pound loss - I am still in an 18 for 95% of my clothes. Granted they fit loosely, but I can't make even a tight 16 yet. We'll get there - have no fear. I'm sure it will happen because I got rid of every size I owned except the 16s about a year ago - Murphy's Law says I'll HAVE to spend a bunch of money on clothes. I am going to hit Goodwill, Salvation Army, and resale shops as much as possible until I'm at goal weight - that's where I really want to drop some $$$$ :bigsmile:
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    How did they fit before? You said they still feel a little snugly now. Were they too tight before you lost the weight? I go down a size for about every 10 lbs. That is rare but I don't consider anything really fitting well unless the waist is a little loose.

I wouldn't worry about if I were you. My arms get smaller before anything else does. You have lost 14 lbs so be proud of yourself and be patient. I bet the pants do fit a little better and you haven't focused on that yet.

On another thread I did see someone say they had lost I believe 20 something pounds but no size change, a lot of it probably has to do with height and/or body type and build.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different and I've learned that our opinions of what fits us right is different. I found out I've always been wearing clothes that are to big for me because I like the looser fit even if it then ends up looking baggy on other parts of me.

That being said I've gone from a size 24 to a size 18 jeans wear they're still snug around the waist and baggy on my thighs, hips, and legs. I'm loosing a ton of weight in my face but my size 18 jeans are still snug even as the scale continues to go down. I'm starting to do more exercises that are meant to help with loosing inches around my waist and toning exercises for my stomach. I can just barely squeeze into size 16 jeans but they show off my stomach in a most unflattering manner.

You can't go down in sizes with just eating healthy, you'll lose weight but you also need to put in different exercises that will target the areas you're wanting to tone down. At least in my experience. Hope this gives you something to think about adding to your routine.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Weight lost in your face, neck, back, arms, rib area and calves will not affect your jean size. I bet you are one of the ones who loses all over. Congratualtions!

PS Eventually it will start to come off of the "jeans" area. Keep it up!
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    43 lbs down and I'm still in the same pairs of jeans, however they are very loose now but size smaller is still a little tight, before they were probably to small but I wore them anyway lol
  • brendas026
    brendas026 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    please dont stop now, you are doing so good! I lose weight from the ends (arms, legs, face) and lose weight last in my tummy and hip area! you'll catch up!
  • ktbrett22
    ktbrett22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I might be totally wrong here, but I had a similar experience. but I looked back at the photos of me wearing those clothes before and the clothes as they fit when I'd lost weight and they looked much better after the weight loss. I'm just talking about myself here, but I think I may have been squeezing myself into the clothes before the weight loss whereas after losing weight they actually fit properly! What I'm trying to say is, losing 14lbs is amazing and will definitely have benefitted you whether you've gone down a clothes size or not. Well done!
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the same clothes too :( its frustrating, tho I am looking to be not flabby, I don't have so much a goal weight or size, if I could look like one of those plus size models ad be the same size I am now I'd be happy. But I have to lose lots of fat to feel like I look good, and my weight is hurting my joints.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Don't feel disuoraged. I was 74 kg before starting and now I am 57 kg. Before I wore clothes european size 38/40 now I wear 36. What changed dramaticly is the type of clothes I can wear now. I would never dream of tight fitting dress or very short shorts I wear now even if nominaly I am just 1 or 2 sizes smaller. Try the clothes you never dreamed about before and you'll see how much you really changed.