HELP, GAINED WEIGHT

Options
Hi Guys,

I need help and advise, I started on this site 2 weeks ago, lost 5 pounds first week, weighed in today, gained 3. PLEASE HELP.

My diary is open if you guys want to look at it.

Replies

• skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary. I dont see any veggies. I see sauces, and sugars and salts. While Subway might be healthy, (there is a lot of bread there) as a Paleo follower, I wouldnt eat there, but if I wasnt, I would limit it to one or two times a month.
  • dreja82
    dreja82 Posts: 43
    Options
    Try and drink more water and also go to settings in your food diary and add sodium to be tracked. If you are having a lot of sodium in your diet you could be retaining excess water. You can also add me if you want :)
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yup, you are eating a lot of sodium. Also eating out, the calorie counts won't always be exact because it varies, especially with subway. They take calorie counts with the minimum sauce/extras but someone making your sandwich can easily add 100 or more calories.

Also, the foods you don't eat out, how are you measuring? Are you using a scale?
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Try and drink more water and also go to settings in your food diary and add sodium to be tracked. If you are having a lot of sodium in your diet you could be retaining excess water. You can also add me if you want :)

If you diary is accurate then I'd highly bet it's sodium and you are retaining water. Subway is very high in sodium.

Drink a lot of water today and add sodium to your tracker and stay under the goal today. I bet those 3 lbs are gone by Saturday.
  • DaNae9402
    DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at the last few days and noticed some little changes you may want to consider.
    I noticed that you do use a lot of sugary sauces- BBQ sauce in particular. Be careful with your condiments. You add empty calories that are loaded with sugar.
    Those Mt. Dew's are also empty calories. Try switching to diet if you need your caffeine fix.
    Concentrate on nutrient dense foods-fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, watch the sugar and drink plenty of water to flush the fat. If your body doesn't get the vital nutrition it needs it will think it's starving and you will gain back.
    I don't have a problem with subway if you make good choices, just watch the condiments.
    You'll be fine with some tweaking. Don't give up! We can do this!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This. I would add a sodium column so you can see just how much you're eating. (I'm guessing 3000 to 4000 a day?)
    You probably are retaining some water. Try eating more green leafy vegetables, more foods that haven't been processed. Count your water too. Try for at least 8 cups for a while. I bet that water weight will fall right off.
  • APawli1224
    APawli1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sodium, carbs, sugar.. Put more veggies in your diet a long with protein and complex carbs.. Dont do the fast foods and try to stay away from anything that comes "packaged" Even those 100 calorie snacks have crazy amounts of sugar in them..
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You probably just lost a bunch of water weight at first and then leveled out. Its only been two weeks, give it some time. The path to weight loss is a loooooooooooong one... :wink:
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd replace the bread and chips with veggies and nuts in their natural form
    Also try to eliminate sugar as much as possible: chocolate, soda, etc.
    Get plenty of fruits and veggies which are much more low cal and quite filling.
    Try to lower your carbs, but get enough fiber.
    Drink more water
  • GeorgiaElliot
    Options
    Give yourself more time. You're still learning. Fluctuations and stalls are normal and more frequent than anyone likes. Counting calories isn't a magic cure, it's just a tool. This is a learning process and sometimes you're gonna fail. The scale is only a tool to measure ONE type of progress. The sooner you understand that the easier this is gonna be for you. Move on. You can do this.
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help.

I have lost 1.2 of the 3 pounds I gained.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    In my opinion (and what has worked for me) your fat intake is too high and your protein intake too low. Make sure to drink water and watch the sodium as well.

Doubtful you gained 3lbs back if you are maintaining a calorie deficit, so either the first week was off or you are retaining water!

Eat more veggies
    Up your protein
    Lower your "bad" fats
    Lower your sodium
    Increase your water

Good luck