OxyELITE Pro and other thermogenics... who's on them?

Options
jccst9
jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
The extremely athletic guy in the next office over recommended OxyELITE Pro to help boost fat loss. I'm highly considering taking his advice on this and since payday is tomorrow, I see myself heading over to GNC to get a 3-month supply.

Thoughts on this product? Similar products? Recommend supplements? Advise against the use of supplements?

Help!

Replies

• jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1) I am not a fan of supporting anything that says it will boost fat loss.
    2) Read independent studies and reviews about thermogenics and draw your own conclusions. There are some side effects and guidelines related to the amount of caffeine in some.

I'm sure someone will say it's great. I think you should make sure you are doing things right (as far as eating and exercising) for a decent amount of time before you add anything in. Make sure you can control how you lose weight. If you are looking at it in effort to "get away" with doing less work for yourself, then it will really function more like the Phens/Metabos/Hydroxy's, meaning mostly you will be unsatisfied and out too much money.
  • GrumpyAG
    GrumpyAG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have used thermogenic fat burners and had good results. However, the thing with supplements is that they are just that. Use them to supplement your current diet / fitness plan and don't expect them to be a 'wonder' pill. Thermogenics only work when you are exercising....and if you do use them be prepared for the side effects. They will increase your body temperature and obviously have ALOT of caffeine in them so be prepared for incressed heart rate etc. I use them when i hit a plateau to kick start results again and I never use them for longer than a month at a time :)
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    People knock thermos a lot but most have used or do use them. I jump around from different ones depending on what is on sale and the result. As long as they are a SUPP to your exercise and diet there is no issue. A lot of people have a hard time with stomach issues, increased body temp and the caffine. Personally I have adjusted to the side effects to make these work and they do when combined with exercise and proper diet.

Right now I am using Hydroxycut on and off.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    People knock thermos a lot but most have used or do use them. I jump around from different ones depending on what is on sale and the result. As long as they are a SUPP to your exercise and diet there is no issue. A lot of people have a hard time with stomach issues, increased body temp and the caffine. Personally I have adjusted to the side effects to make these work and they do when combined with exercise and proper diet.

You _do_ know that fitness model Christian Boeving lost his job as an endorser for MuscleTech HydroxyCut after admitting in a documentary that he had used anabolic steroids since he was 16, right?

A lot of these products on the market are endorsed by people who aren't that ripped because of the product, but more because they've been taking other stuff alongside it that ends up giving the general public an unrealistic expectation that the product will do for you what it did for them (when in fact it probably didn't do that for them in the first place). False advertising is everywhere for supplements.

I'm very wary of supplements nowadays. A lot of them are snake oil.

That's not to say that some won't work... But I prefer to err on the side of caution and rely on what definitely will work. Elbow grease :)
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options

You _do_ know that fitness model Christian Boeving lost his job as an endorser for MuscleTech HydroxyCut after admitting in a documentary that he had used anabolic steroids since he was 16, right?

A lot of these products on the market are endorsed by people who aren't that ripped because of the product, but more because they've been taking other stuff alongside it that ends up giving the general public an unrealistic expectation that the product will do for you what it did for them (when in fact it probably didn't do that for them in the first place). False advertising is everywhere for supplements.

I'm very wary of supplements nowadays. A lot of them are snake oil.

That's not to say that some won't work... But I prefer to err on the side of caution and rely on what definitely will work. Elbow grease :)

Yep,

I only speak of what has worked for me. These work to get me going and also seem to help with the burn. To each their own....
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Do you happen to be on any current medications? If so, I'd definitely talk to your doctor. That particular pill looks like it messes with your thyroid, blood pressure, heart rate and brain chemistry. At least one of the ingredients in the pill (Yohimbe bark extract) is recommended only for short durations as it can be dangerous if taken over a long term.

My advice is be cautious and read up about any ingredients in pills that you may take. I personally wouldn't take this one if I was considering it.
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    At this point I feel I'm almost positive I'm going to try the OxyELITE. I'm aware that is it to be used as a supplement to my diet and exercise routine and that using it alone will not get me the results I'm looking for. If it's not right for me, lesson learned. I'll try something else.

Aside from HydroxCut or Xenadrine or anything the falls under the "As Seen on TV" category, any recommendations?
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just started Oxyelite after hitting a plateau. But I also got a full work up from an MD, checked thyroid function, heart and everything before I started. So start there. Fat burners don't have to be the evil thing alot of MFPers make them out to be if taken responsibly. Follow the dose your body can tolerate, start with the absolute smallest dose first. Keep a journal of your side effects in case you need to discuss them with your doctor and don't use them long term. Discontinue use as soon as you note anything troublesome (excessive heart rate, constipation, etc). Don't forget to cycle off as instructed on the bottle directions. Be sure you diet and exercise because the pills alone won't do anything. Good luck and stay safe!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow...
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    The extremely athletic guy in the next office over recommended OxyELITE Pro to help boost fat loss. I'm highly considering taking his advice on this and since payday is tomorrow, I see myself heading over to GNC to get a 3-month supply.

Thoughts on this product? Similar products? Recommend supplements? Advise against the use of supplements?

Help!

IMO, You don't need fat burners to burn fat or any thermogenics for that matter.. Diet, cardio, and lifting weights will burn your fat. You can take all that pill but without those 3, especially the sound diet, you're not going anywhere. So don't waste money, invest in good foods. Especially when you have a lot to lose, fat will come off pretty fast just by eating healthy and keeping a calorie deficit. These pills are way overrated. They are endorsed by athletes who are ripped but never really relied on the product they are endorsing. They worked up their *kitten* to get their fit body, and no magi pill can do that. ;)

And as the song goes "I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT (I WORKOUT)"
    It didn't say "I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT (I TOOK PILLS) LOL
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i use them for a boost in energy....however its not going to do it for you...hard work, dedication and consistency will get you to your goals...
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Im on my 5th day. Today I started two pills when i woke up. Tomorrow I will take two again when I wake up 6:00am and then one around lunch time 12:00pm.

I felt no "crazy" energy...yet? but I did notice some appetite suppression and I did not feel like eating lol idk.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I use Forged Burner. No matter what anyone says, it gives me stellar appetite control and focus.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What about Pure Green Coffee Bean capsules or Raspberry Ketone + Green Tea extract. There all natural.
  • keithjones1
    keithjones1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine in Australia tried Oxy Elite pro... due to the DMAA in it after 3 weeks he couldn't get a hard on anymore. and immediately stopped taking it (Ok I know thats not an issue here, but if it can do that what else can it possibly do!!)
    Personally I have tried and like Ripped Freak, the appetite suppressant really does work!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    At this point I feel I'm almost positive I'm going to try the OxyELITE. I'm aware that is it to be used as a supplement to my diet and exercise routine and that using it alone will not get me the results I'm looking for. If it's not right for me, lesson learned. I'll try something else.

Fine, if you have the money for it. I sure don't.