Total Rant. . .Can't believe my child has survived thus far

Options
2»

Replies

• mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This sounds like it's probably a correlation. I really doubt that researches actually tested this on babies. As such, you shouldn't be taking antibiotics as the cause of later obesity in these children, but only the correlation that it is. It could be other lifestyle factors for which the researchers failed to rule out and thus control.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Studies Shmudies.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Studies Shmudies.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    There's always going to be a new study linking something to a bad effect. People need to use COMMON SENSE! I think the lack of common sense is a worse epidemic than obesity :) My kids are rarely sick, I don't use hand sanitizer everytime they turn around and don't freak out if they drop something on the floor and then pick it up and eat it. They have good immune systems.
    Also my 5 year old was on antibiotics often for his ears and I have to get 6 slim adjustable pants and cinch them up so they don't fall off.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder if this study oil into account other factors.... Such as the parents. If parents are obese seems children are more likely to be. I wonder if 50 percent of the children had obese parents and 50 had healthy parents... What percentage of those children given the medicine before 6 months and turned out obese came from an obese household vs a healthy one... Food for thought
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they also did a study linking child obesity with liking Nutella a little too much.