Sounds delish! Thanks! :drinker:
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    bump
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I have a half eaten bag of tortilla chips in the kitchen - if it's still there when I get home I might try this. Are they good cold?
  • Victorking32
    Victorking32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    Sounds so good! Thanks!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - but you should calculate the calories correctly. The 4 oz (120 grams) chicken breast alone would be around 200 calories.
  • AuburnGirl2001
    AuburnGirl2001 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Speaking of crispy chicken, baked - I actually did up a crispy chicken breast the other which turned out fabulous.

I actually took All Bran bits and ground them up with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, some Chipolte and Chilli Powder and some italian seasoning. Mixed it all up. Dunked my chicken in skim milk, dunks and pat in dry mix. Dunk again, pat on more. Put down some parchment paper, and baked it up at about 425, til crispy. I was craving hot wings so I tossed a bunch of Franks on there. So good and sooo hit the spot! Yum!
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds good -- thanks for sharing!

What's your secret for making it with only 178 calories per serving though? I'm guesstimating 140 cal for the chicken, 150 for the bun, 70 for the chips = 360 calories. Do you only eat 1/2 the sandwich in a serving?
  • LittleMissSunshine418
    Options
    bump for later, I will definitely try these. Thanks for sharing!
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    gotta try this!

sounds like a great way to have a taco salad without the tortilla bowl!!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, yummy!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, thanks!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I have a half eaten bag of tortilla chips in the kitchen - if it's still there when I get home I might try this. Are they good cold?

I haven't had them cold- but I have had them as leftovers. They lose some of the crunchiness, but are still tasty!
  • ggcat
    Options
    Sounds good - but you should calculate the calories correctly. The 4 oz (120 grams) chicken breast alone would be around 200 calories.

I use Golden Kist from Costco- it's 99% fat free- and the package says it's 100 calories per 4oz- this is why I buy their chicken. Not all chicken is exactly the same....If I use a different kind of chicken (like from Fry's or Whole Foods)-then I would change the calorie count to what they say it is. Just depends...
  • ggcat
    Options
    Sounds good -- thanks for sharing!

What's your secret for making it with only 178 calories per serving though? I'm guesstimating 140 cal for the chicken, 150 for the bun, 70 for the chips = 360 calories. Do you only eat 1/2 the sandwich in a serving?

I didn't add the bun to the recipe calorie count- because sometimes I use an english muffin or bread...so when I eat the sandwich I have to add the bun. This calorie count is for the chicken only.
  • ggcat
    Options
    Speaking of crispy chicken, baked - I actually did up a crispy chicken breast the other which turned out fabulous.

I actually took All Bran bits and ground them up with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, some Chipolte and Chilli Powder and some italian seasoning. Mixed it all up. Dunked my chicken in skim milk, dunks and pat in dry mix. Dunk again, pat on more. Put down some parchment paper, and baked it up at about 425, til crispy. I was craving hot wings so I tossed a bunch of Franks on there. So good and sooo hit the spot! Yum!

This sounds good!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ggcat
    Options
    There seems to be a few questions about my calorie count....I used the recipe calculator with the specific brands that I used for this recipe....calories are going to be different depending on what brands, kinds, etc... food you use. My calorie count is for the specifics that I use.

When I make a recipe at home that is not mine- I don't log what it says the calories should be- I recalculate it with the ingredients I used- to be sure they are correct.

Hope that helps!