TALL LADIES SUCCESS?!

Options
Arexxx
Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
I hate being 6ft 2. The wight comes off at a decent rate, but it's so hard to notice. 37 pounds gone and I'm not down one dress size. *kitten* having a large frame.

Is anyone around my height that has success photos or anything? Because while it is nice to see 5ft 2 women post how they've lost 30/40 pounds and they're down 6 dress sizes.. it just doesn't apply to me :angry:

Replies

• TheseNewDays1994
    Options
    wow and I thought I was tall! 5'10" over here...mid wayish through my weight loss..got photos on my page!
  • Arexxx
    Options
    I saw your photos, you look so good :) Nice work.
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/107-totally-tall-women-of-mfp

There are loads around - try this group though there are others - have a search.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am also 6'2". The weight loss not being noticable at first comes with the territory. It took almost 60lbs lost for anyone to even notice. But honestly once you hit that sweet spot where someone notices YOU will notice that everyone else starts seeing it. I had lost a total of 130lbs before getting pregnant. You can check out my pictures if you want. Joint the totally tall women group. We are all in the same boat. Weight is not the same on us as it is on others....look at the bright sifde though. We can GAIN 10lbs and no one will notice! lol
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!! I'm about 6'0 and nobody noticed I had lost weight till I lost about 25 lbs. I didn't even go down a dress size until that point! I've lost almost 50lbs, and I've gone down 2 1/2 sizes. I say this because I was in between 16/18 when I started and I'm a 12 now! I started at about 238 last summer and I'm currently about 189lbs. I'd say when I got down under the 200s was when I started getting bombared with compliments/questions on how I lost all of the weight. I am still aiming to lose around 20 more lbs. Here is a before picture (when I was my heaviest) and an after picture that was taken about a month and a half ago when I weighed around 198-200. I apologize that you can't see my full body in the before pic...I rarely posed for pictures as that was a dark time in my life LOL.

Before (235-240 lbs)
    2i0wt2h.png

During (195-200lbs )
    2v8305l.jpg
  • Arexxx
    Options
    I am also 6'2". The weight loss not being noticable at first comes with the territory. It took almost 60lbs lost for anyone to even notice. But honestly once you hit that sweet spot where someone notices YOU will notice that everyone else starts seeing it. I had lost a total of 130lbs before getting pregnant. You can check out my pictures if you want. Joint the totally tall women group. We are all in the same boat. Weight is not the same on us as it is on others....look at the bright sifde though. We can GAIN 10lbs and no one will notice! lol

WOW! Your pics inspired me. One day I hope my body is as good as yours
  • Arexxx
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!! I'm about 6'0 and nobody noticed I had lost weight till I lost about 25 lbs. I didn't even go down a dress size until that point! I've lost almost 50lbs, and I've gone down 2 1/2 sizes. I say this because I was in between 16/18 when I started and I'm a 12 now! I started at about 238 last summer and I'm currently about 189lbs. I'd say when I got down under the 200s was when I started getting bombared with compliments/questions on how I lost all of the weight. I am still aiming to lose around 20 more lbs. Here is a before picture (when I was my heaviest) and an after picture that was taken about a month and a half ago when I weighed around 198-200. I apologize that you can't see my full body in the before pic...I rarely posed for pictures as that was a dark time in my life LOL.

Before (235-240 lbs)
    2i0wt2h.png

During (195-200lbs )
    2v8305l.jpg

Gorgeous, well done :)
  • notaquitter4
    Options
    it sounds like at this point the inches need to come off now? i see many people having great success with lifting..i talked to a trainer today and she said that's exactly what lifting would do!
  • Arexxx
    Options
    it sounds like at this point the inches need to come off now? i see many people having great success with lifting..i talked to a trainer today and she said that's exactly what lifting would do!

Inches are coming off, but since I'm... broad... it's hard to notice I guess. And I shall start lifting heavy soon :)
    (I've only been doing the 30 day shred as exersize)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and haven't noticed much physical loss yet either as far as sizes go! I'd like to see the responses too!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and started at 332 pounds. I am currently 224. I have a few pics in my profile. In my current profile pic, I was in the 230's.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Ok I am only 5'8.5" (hubby is 5'9" and I GOTTA be shorter...LOL) but I just wanna say DONT GET DISCOURAGED! It does take longer to notice the weight and lose sizes at first, but then it seems to speed up faster than shorter people....It took a good 30+ pounds to lose before anyone noticed...and I lost a size. But then around 220 I started getting asked how much I lost now...all the time. Like every few pounds is noticable. I am still a hair over 200 but people keep saying no way am I over 170. Cuz they are all short. LOL

Here is my during pic....
    Collages.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!