Peanut butter addiction

Options
I need some help. I LOVE peanut butter! I have it just about every day for lunch. Weather as a PB sandwich, or with an apple. I am just crazy about it. My question is, can one eat too much PB? I use Smuckers natural creamy and use 2 tablespoons (The serving size). The only ingredients are peanuts and a teeny bit of salt. Recently I have stopped lossing weight, and I want to know if the PB could be causing this or not? My diary is open for those who want to check. Any comments would be appreciated ASAP! (I want to have lunch!)

Edit: I am a 5'7" female, 136 pounds, 18 years old. I want to lost about 10 more pounds. I lost 25 before starting MFP

Replies

• Discogirl15
    Options
    Need someone to comment! LOL!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    One food (especially peanut butter in moderation) will not be a direct cause for you to gain weight unless you were binge eating and going over your calories/macros.

Enjoy your lunch! :drinker:

ETA: After checking your diary, you should probably eat two of those sandwiches! Your calories seem much too low, especially for somebody working out.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Blaming a single thing for hitting a plateau is silly. How long has it been since you stopped losing? Hitting a plateau is usually a few weeks with no changes in weight. With so little to lose, your goal should be about half a pound a week. If you hit your macros and come out at your calorie count consistantly, you should get to where you're going.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If I go over board on the peanut butter it will stall my weight loss ... same with avocados and nuts. When I find that happening I go back to being very strict about measuring or I may even go a little bit without buying it :) yummmm

But you don't look like you have much to lose? Enjoy that peanut butter :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i just got peanut butter protein powder.
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have the same addiction as you i love peanut butter! In moderation its good but it is high in fat. Even though these are healthy fats too many can still be bad. This is definitely not the reason for your plateu however. Try Eating a little more and changing up your workout routine
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    PB is high in protein and fat. Apples are high in carbs (but low in glycemic index) and fiber. Together, they make a nice SNACK, but would I have this as a meal? No. I would have this with carrot sticks and a yogurt.

1 Large Fuji apple (approx. 80 calories) with *1* TBSP of peanut butter would be fine (100 calories), but having this "snack" or "meal" several times a day is bad! A diet is all about putting in less calories than you burn; but at 180 calories a pop, this is a BAD idea!

I didn't even mention the PB sandwich, because grains are anti-nutrients so I don't even recommend eating anything made with "flour"; whole grain or not... Baked goods and processed foods are the reason our weight stays on...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Um74r.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A serving a day, if it fits into your calories/plan is fine.

If you're spooning it willy-nilly out of the jar into your mouth, you might want to reconsider.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    A serving a day, if it fits into your calories/plan is fine.

If you're spooning it willy-nilly out of the jar into your mouth, you might want to reconsider.

Yep, if it fits in your day, enjoy it!
    I didn't even mention the PB sandwich, because grains are anti-nutrients so I don't even recommend eating anything made with "flour"; whole grain or not... Baked goods and processed foods are the reason our weight stays on...

LOL WUT?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It is highly unlikely unless your measurements are inaccurate. PB has essential fats that the body needs and a fair amount of protein.

Research cortisol and grehlin.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Have you tried using PB2 by Bell Plantation instead? I have the same type of addiction. A spoon and a jar of peanut butter and I'm happy. I found that adding PB2 to my protein shakes helps - although I prefer the "real" thing when it comes to making sandwiches.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    my cupboard looks like I won a life time supply of peanutbutter contest.

I can quit any time.
  • you2candream
    you2candream Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I may be a little late ...but i just was turned on to a product i got on amazon called PB2. its sooo good in protien shakes.
    it has very little fat and calories.....check it out