Walden Farm calorie free products

emaksb
emaksb Posts: 10 Member
Has anyone every tried Walden Farms products? They have lots of calorie free products here are a few I've tried.

Creamy Bacon dressing - Liked
Ranch dressing - didn't like
Chocolate Syrup - loved

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    I tried the honey mustard dressing and it was gross. It smelled like lighter fluid, and did not taste much better. I have been scared to try anything else by them
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    To each their own, but I got freaked out when I saw they are basically just jars of chemicals. Made the mistake of buying some a couple years ago and was so disgusted by the texture and smell I had to throw them out. I actually nearly threw up when I smelled the "marshmallow" dip.

I'm nowhere near a clean eater, and most definitely wasn't at all back then, but even I couldn't bring myself to do it after reading the jars and smelling the products. I'd rather have a small portion of something delicious and satisfying to my soul than be able to have some extra of something scary and barely palatable just because of a lack of calories.
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Pancake Syrup: loved
    Caramel Sauce: liked
    Caramel dip: need to go back to the lab
    Thousand Island: hubby likes
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    I actually like the Ranch dressing - it's very zippy. It's basically just vinegar, herbs and stabilizers though. I would just as soon some arugula with lemon juice and ground pepper or lightly dress some greens in a bit of Dijon mustard.
  • emaksb
    emaksb Posts: 10 Member
    I've also tried the PB2 and love it!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    My husband bought me a jar of mayo....have yet to use it...now not sure if I want to!!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    I liked the 1000 Island dressing. It is also good on a sandwich.
  • I tried the marshmallow dip once and almost threw up. I haven't tried any of their stuff since.
  • I've tried their barbeque sauce, both the regular and bold flavors. Loved both of them. Can't find them in our local stores anymore.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Worst thing I have ever tried. I tried the Peanut butter- Disgusting; I tried the caramel dip- Even worse
    It seriously tasted like melted plastic.
    Not for me; but to each his own .
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    I have not seen this stuff on the West Coast, is it a regional product line?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    I like the 0 calorie creamy bacon ...... i need to goto the store and pickup a bottle today
  • fatboypup
    I have not seen this stuff on the West Coast, is it a regional product line?

walmart sells it in AZ as does Spouts and I believe Frys/Kroger
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    I don't trust any "food" that has zero calories...
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    The good:

Pancake syrup

Strawberry syrup

Chocolate dip

BBQ sauce

The not so good:

Thousand island dressing

Ranch dressing
  • fatboypup

I dont trust the air we breathe
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Chocolate is good with fruit but not alone
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    My opinion is that eating these are a fate worse than death.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    To each their own, but I got freaked out when I saw they are basically just jars of chemicals.

I feel the same way. When you hear "calorie free" think about HOW they get their foods to be calorie free. To each their own, but I would never put that into my body. That's not food, it's poison.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member

This.

Too many freaky chemicals.