• mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    or i'm too awesome.

Thats it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I read about all the rejections and I am wondering how to get these people to leave me alone! I have done the stop emails and still get them. Even from Christian Singles whom I asked, after several attempts to stop their emails, if cheating on my hubby was acceptable behavior? Been married 24 years! It did stop them....for a month and thye are back again! OY!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I filled out my E-Harmony survey and they matched me up with my wife.

I went home that night and never mentioned that I was looking on E-Harmony and she never brought it up either. I noticed her Profile was deleted a couple weeks later, so I deleted mine. I guess we're stuck with eath other.

"Do you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain..." LOL

Great now I have that song in my head - but so very right on!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    True story:

I once sat down and filled out an E-Harmony dating profile thing, with their bajillion question survey. My results came back that I was one of the 10% of the world that is unmatchable with anyone. So, there's that.

I have never heard that before!!! How did you react to the news??
  • RhoRocks
    RhoRocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pic removed by mod.

That is dayummm funny! That just made my whole day! OMG hilarious!!! I'm helping out on the phones at work today and I cannot even say "hello" bcuz I'm still laughing OUT LOUD.

I failed to be matched too... Seems do not match gay women. They profusely apologized, which was funny to me.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    or i'm too awesome.

Thats it!!! :flowerforyou:

awww, thank you!! :)
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    i would love to have a dating or singles section here (other than forums). At least i know the guys here don't want to sit around and eat every waking free moment.

Yes, but half of these guys still want to date skinny 25 yr. olds. I have done eHarmony, Match, OKCupid and I find it so funny how most of the men on these sites have what I call, "Cindy Crawford Syndrome". Let me explain...I am 44, well-educated, well-traveled, very attractive and self-supporting. But, I am in the "few extra pounds" category. Men think hey, why should I settle for someone with all those great qualities who is overweight? Because hell, Cindy Crawford will be calling me any minute!

I have been out on plenty of dates from these websites and guess what boys, she isn't going to call you! Set realistic expectations, I have. I may want to date Tom Hardy but it isn't going to happen and you are probably pretty great but you won't give me a chance.

I am sure I just started a fight here...
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Pic removed by mod.

This is hilarious!!! :laugh:
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    eharmony is stupid and expensive. use okcupid.com or pof.com theyre freeeee!!
  • mhankosk
    Options
    I really love cats. I just want to hug all of the cats. I want all of the cats to just give me hugs!

Will you marry me? :love: :tongue:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple of dating sites. The results for my area were really bad. I felt like a piece of meat because within minutes I had tons of messages. Started looking at men and women's profiles from my area and it was like a back woods breeding site.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I now feel bad about what I am going to say.

I would NEVER call myself Christian. I definitely stated that religion did not matter at all as well as stating that it was not a priority to me.

I got a TON of matches and went on a few dates with people.

However I also got a ton of "slightly compatible" matches... and one of them has been my boyfriend for the past 3 years. I told my friend about it and so she signed up too and she is marrying the guy she met on there next month.

It's not ALL bad... though I think you also have to be willing to realize that it's like the real world too. Not everyone you meet you want to date, right.

The worst are the free dating sites... I would say 99% of the people on there are not on it to date, but to "hook up". (Many bad experiences have taught me that!)

I do wish everyone lucj though!
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    the only person e-harmony matched me with a bajillon years ago was my best friend's ex, who was still a friend at the time. we had a good laugh and realized we may just end up together. after the 3rd divorce, that is;)
  • mhankosk
    Options
    I've never done EHarmony but I was on POF for a while. I met someone that I am actually still talking to (nothing serious... we'll probably end up friends or something) but there were a LOT of creepers. I cannot tell you how many of them called me Princess or asked me if I had ever done any modeling. :noway:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was rejected by EHarmony before we started dating. LOL
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I've never done EHarmony but I was on POF for a while. I met someone that I am actually still talking to (nothing serious... we'll probably end up friends or something) but there were a LOT of creepers. I cannot tell you how many of them called me Princess or asked me if I had ever done any modeling. :noway:

I did POF for about 2 months. When I started dreading the dates, I knew it wasnt for me. Now, I'm good with single.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

YES! I have pof too- and ummm i'm so close to deleting it....for every ONE nice guy that message me there are 50 CREEPY guys that do too, not liking it.
  • mhankosk
    Options

I did POF for about 2 months. When I started dreading the dates, I knew it wasnt for me. Now, I'm good with single.

Yea... I just cancelled my account a couple weeks ago. I think I'll try the old fashioned way for a while.. :smile: Or find someone one MFP :tongue: :wink:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    How about we just start a thread that everyone puts their info in???? Then everyone can go from there.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

The worst are the free dating sites... I would say 99% of the people on there are not on it to date, but to "hook up". (Many bad experiences have taught me that!)

Yup, I totally agree.