400 calories for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    There is no set calorie goal for meals, lol. Some people like to eat a big breakfast, others don't. It's not a "what you SHOULD do" thing. It's what you prefer to do. I eat 5 meals a day, all averaging about 400. Doing that allegedly keeps your metabolism "steady" and going throughout the day. Do what works for you, so long as you stick to your calorie goals, you'll be fine.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper

Stop reading bro-science...this is nonsense.
  • debussyschild
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually around the 400 calories mark. I always believe that you need a good nutritious start to the day to rev up your metabolism (which is low and sluggish when you first wake up). Think of your metabolism as a fire and that you need plenty of "logs" & "kindling" to get it going and turn it into a roaring fire. Without it, it would only smolder and the same is said for your metabolism. So for those that either skip breakfast or have very little, their bodies are starting in a slow way and not working to their full potential (even if you don't feel hungry).

This is not true.

Here is the link again for those who didn't read the first page:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency?hl=compliation+meal+frequency

Please don't hijack this thread. There are other threads that deal with the whole "is it important to eat breakfast (period)" idea.
  • debussyschild
    Options
    eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper

Stop reading bro-science...this is nonsense.

It's not nonsense, it just makes sense to that person. Who gives a flying eff if it's factually correct?
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I once had a friend who would say "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." I'm not sure it's how things really work, but he was in great shape!

I really dig this - your friend is awesome :)

Your friend is also clueless.

Nice.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    mine are 5-600
  • Kcouillou
    Kcouillou Posts: 4
    Options
    Like the saying goes "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" :)

My breakfasts always range anywhere from 300-400 cals, and on mornings where I do hiit fasted cardio I eat a little more then 400 cals! Like this morning after my fasted cardio I had a big bowl of steel cut oats with cinnamon vanilla homemade unsalted almond butter and blackberries with an egg white veggie omelette on the side! This breakfast came in at around 430 cals!

I also am one who eats 5-6 meals a day every 3 hours or so!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Πx is always the answer to a mathematical question involving "should".

Now back to my leftover pizza for breakfast.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I eat about 100-200 calories for most breakfasts. I eat lunch at 11 am, so I'm never hungry. Do what works for you. If you're eating 100 cals for breakfast and then you're so hungry for lunch that you binge, have a bigger breakfast or a mid-morning snack.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    They should lock threads that are a year old or something.