Creative Ways to Tell Him We're Expecting??

Options

Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Change your cell phone settings to yell "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER" in Maury Povitch's voice when he calls. Have him call where he can hear. Then say "Just kidding. You totally are."

Love this idea, BTW congratulations.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Write down babynames.com on a post it and stick it on the fridge
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    @wtk are you smoking something funny today?
    Smoking is a dirty habit. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, no matter how cool it makes him or her look.
    -wtk

hmms...did you raid my medicine cabinet?
    (not srs...funny stuff, you)
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I put the positive test in a bracelet box and then got a bib that said "I love Daddy" (green and yellow, so neutral) and stuck it in a plain gift bag with one piece of pink and one piece of blue tissue paper. Maybe not original or terribly creative, but it was special anyway.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ask him to pick up something from the hardware store...paint, etc....and then tell him you need it for the baby's room. Give him a minute....they aren't too quick....LMAO!!!!
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    When I found out I was pregnant in 2010, I made a card that said GUESS WHAT! and when you opened it, there was this pic:

62085_438150658903_4254846_n.jpg

You could do something similar.

Or there's always the Full House method:

(and just in case the embed doesn't work, here's the link to the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lChkMu2V8
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    get a necklace case from a jeweler and put the positive pregnancy test inside. Ask him if he'll be your baby daddy :D
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    Adam is a firefighter and an avid runner and also has a MAJOR sweet tooth.

. It would be fun to incorporate one of these into the announcement... any ideas?

Get him a new pair of running shoes and tuck a Baby Ruth into them. Include a note that says "for when you're running after our new baby".
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I showed my husband the stick. He said F***, and walked out the door for work.

We're divorced.

I don't recommend this:/

My husband found out (the first time) because we were getting snacks for movie night and I was like "you know, I don't even like BBQ chips but I really kind of want some". He told me to get a test and I was like "phhhht, whatever!" He totally knew before I did.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This was with my ex:
    For our first, I found out on Father's Day and I came out of the bathroom and said "Happy Father's Day."
    For our second, third and fourth (triplets, did not know then), we had been trying and all of the tests were negative. When I got the positive one, he did not know yet he came over to me thinking he was consoling me for another negative and I just calmy said "yeah, negative is awful, but this one was positive, so we're pregnant."
    You could
    -give your husband a card if around a birthday or any holiday and sign it your name and baby.
    -put a note in his lunch, if you make his lunch.
    -put a rattle under his pillow with a note that says "do you think that you might be able to find a use for this? I do"
    -make him a dessert (cake) that says congratulations, we are going to be parents.
    -if around a holiday, you can give him a gift - baby's onesie, socks, or other outfit that could be for a boy or girl.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I used the ole call him up at work crying trick.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You could also cook a dinner with lots of hinting dishes...baby back ribs, baby carrots, baby spinach....you know ;)
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this one is in-depth. It will involve you, his best friend, and around $28,000 cash.

First, flip the circuit breaker on your apartment. Oh yeah, you have to live in an apartment. This part is important. Go up to the roof of the apartment and comment that it is cold. Tell him to hold you.

In the meantime, your husband's best friend will, with a spare key, enter your apartment and begin to trash all of your best stuff. Pissing on the couch, spilling leftovers into the carpet, and stealing $28,000 from the secret stash.

A few minutes into being held in his arms, tell him that you wish you had a blanket or shawl. He'll return inside to find his apartment a mess. Sneak up behind him and yell, "This is what this place will be like all the time, just nine months from now!" Smile and show how excited you are.

His best friend can come out of hiding in the corner now and ask for your husband's golf clubs--he'll never be able to play again--and his X-Box. They'll share a look and the friend will say something like, "Dude, we'll still be here for you" even though both of them know that the friendship is effectively over.

Now you two can reflect on what you've introduced into the world around you.
    -wtk

:laugh: This would be hilarious if it weren't so true. :sad:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    My friend found out right before Christmas. She gave her husband a card that said Merry Christmas Daddy, See You In 9 Months.

This is my favorite. I will do this if at all possible! I have dreamed of when this moment comes forever.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I used the ole call him up at work crying trick.

Oh my gosh, I did this with our 5th one, and I promised I would never do that to my hubby again! He knew I went to the doctor, and I called him, crying. He had to suffer through a 40 minute bus ride to get home, wait until I drove him from the stop to home, made him listen to a "play by play" as I went through my doctor's appointment with him, and THEN told him I was pregnant. He was so relieved that I wasn't sick with cancer or something that he cried, so it turned out to be a good thing. FYI, after 4 boys, that pregnancy was a girl, and so very different from the others. They are all such blessings!

Best of luck in your journey to become parents, by the way. You are so sweet to think of a clever way to tell your awesome fireman husband!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options

. It would be fun to incorporate one of these into the announcement... any ideas?

Get him a new pair of running shoes and tuck a Baby Ruth into them. Include a note that says "for when you're running after our new baby".

^Clever. I like this idea!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I gave my ex a mug that you can decorate yourself from the craft store that said "I knocked up my wife and all I got was this lousy mug."

It was his favorite mug.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This is pretty elaborate, but it's fun. Call your favorite department store that carries baby furniture and explain that you just found out you're pregnant and you need some help breaking the news to your husband. Ask if you can set up a "treasure" hunt inside the store. When you walk in the door to "shop", a store manager will congratulate him on being the "1,000,000th customer" or something, and as such he gets to participate in a very special treasure hunt. If he completes it, he'll get a big prize. Get a sonogram and put it and the positive pregnancy test in a small treasure chest (topped with a pastel blue and pink bow) along with a card that says, "Congratulations, you're a winner....Dad!" Put it in a baby crib in the baby furniture section. This will be the prize at the end of the hunt. Then put cards with clues written on them throughout the store, (marked with helium balloons and ribbons). Each clue will lead him to a new card, which will ultimately lead him to the "treasure".
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My friend found out right before Christmas. She gave her husband a card that said Merry Christmas Daddy, See You In 9 Months.

This is my favorite. I will do this if at all possible! I have dreamed of when this moment comes forever.

And you can really do this for any holiday.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Does he compete in alot of 5K's or 10K's? You could call up the coordinators of the event to present him with a "World's Greatest Dad" trophy when they announce the winners at the end of the race. When he says, "But I'm not a dad." You can be standing next to him and say, "Not yet, but give it about nine months and you will be." IDK, I'm just spitballing here. If you're a private person, this may not appeal to you....