Need encouregament to eati well after work! Need a routine.

Options
I need some motivation today. I have been a little off track and I need to get back on the wagon. Being at work I do great but I have been slipping when I get off..
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• Missypickles86
    Missypickles86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The only thing that saves me from "falling off" is having dinner planned ahead of time. If I dont do that, its a 50/50 chance I wont eat good. I am still working on this "routine" but I have noticed that is what helps me in the evenings.
  • jeet1966
    jeet1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am like that too. Really good at work and by the time I get home I am really hungry and tempted to grab anything. What works for me is to have my dinner as soon as I get home. Then I don't anything for the rest of the night. Otherwise I keep grabbing things to hold me until dinner and by then my caloric total is blown for the day.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am so bad at that. I open the cupboards when I get home and eat everything that looks unhealthy.

I try to combat this by working out right after work, that way I feel like I'm "throwing away" my workout if I eat something bad afterwards. Or I will eat an apple right before I leave for the day so I'm not famished when I get home.

I also try not to have anything I can snack on in the house.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I second what Missy said. Make sure you shop at least 2 days in advance. Maybe 3, have good choices on hand. I have found several simple, quick yummy recipe ideas on here that you wouldn't even know were good for you. Troll the Crock Pot Recipes topic thread and I had a friend throw one out for healthy pizza that was the bomb, if you want the recipe, message me; it was sooo easy. Or ask, I'll post it here. Good luck!
  • amgill81
    Options
    I cna so relate and need to ge off this bad habit and really focus on the goal at hand. I have been doing really well the first half of the day and then I get hungry and cave in adn sayl, Oh I will just start over tomorrow. I agree, planning dnner ahead of time is great. I cannot keep junk in my house because without a doub I will break down and eat it. I hate having so little willpower, but I am a food addict. I have lost over 100lbs, and have about 40 more to go. I need to get my mind right and just do it
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    There is a guy on here who swears by setting your food diary the night before, but allowing yourself some wiggle room. I plan on giving this a try when I go back to school on Monday to see if it helps. My weakness is night grazing/binging, so I'm hoping to get it under control as well. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    do you have a crock pot at home? If you do, you can make all kinds of good soups and stews that will be ready when you get home. I make a chicken dish with salsa that my hubby loves.
  • quartkneerae18
    quartkneerae18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will try to do that. Yes, I have a crock pot and just made pulled pork sandwhichs last night! Yum.
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    I love my crock pot. I make a salsa chicken in there - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and a jar of salsa, on low for 6-8 hours. SUPER easy and really low cal :)
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I eat a healthy snack at work about an hour before I head home -- i.e. a protein bar or a piece of fruit or some raw veggies. That way I'm not starving to death when I get home and am a lot more likely to take the time to make something healthy rather than shove whatever I can find into my mouth. Also, planning the meal helps (I will even do this on the train ride home, so you don't have to do it far in advance), so you know exactly what you have to do when you walk in the door and can stay focused.