surpise NSV

Options
minkakross
minkakross Posts: 687 Member
So last night my husband takes our annual family picture down and just stares at it for a while, then asks me to look at him, then eventually asks me to join him in the other room and to look in the mirror and basically acts a little weird for 5 minutes while he is comparing me in our family pic to me now. He eventually says "You look so different" but his tone is sort of amazed and dazed all at the same time. I say "I can see now how fat I was back then (November) but I didn't feel that fat even with all my health complications." He says "I didn't see you as that fat either, but with you standing here it's just such a huge difference, and I can see now why you had become so unhappy about your size." I then reminded him that I had about 40 pounds left to go maybe more and then I got my NSV moment when he said "Can I start doing the couch to 5 K with you?" He's never been fat but he has gotten soft around the middle in the past decade so I take an awful lot of pride in being the inspiration that got him off the computer and moving, now I just have to hope it lasts.

Replies

• jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome. I can only hope to inspire my husband in the same way sooner rather than later. Good luck on the rest of your journey!!
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congrats on inspiring your husband!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Just had a similar convo with my husband when he saw my loss last week a saw that it was nearly 30lbs, he started quizzing me on how much I weighed when we got married, how much was my highest and finally said he didn't think I had gotten that big. He just joined mfp about 2 months ago and is down about 15lbs himself too which is great :)

Congrats on shocking him and congrats on inspiring him to run!!
  • sessygail
    sessygail Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh! There is nothing like a wonderful husband to make it all feel good!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Its so nice when you can inspire those around you. That is one of the best NSVs.
  • crosa527
    crosa527 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. One of the things I hoped when I started this journey was that I might inspire other people to lose weight too. Good for you both!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    thank you all, I feel great and I look forward to him feeling stronger and healthier too. I know we all work hard thanks for your support and good luck with your goals.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    He says "I didn't see you as that fat either, but with you standing here it's just such a huge difference, and I can see now why you had become so unhappy about your size."

How wonderful. But I thought this ^ was an awesome nsv! It's great that he accepted and loved you the way you were. And it's great that he sees a new you too!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I seriously almost cried. That was such a sweet moment. Congratulations. I can dream of the day that happens for me and my husband. Thank you for sharing.
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    Great job! Its great to see the body transform :)
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I only hope my husband will do the same and change his mind about exercise.
  • julepgirl
    julepgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's kind of a magical little story! Kudos to you for your perserverance and success so far, and kudos to your husband for being observant and thoughtful. Thank you for sharing it!
  • chermike1
    chermike1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The advantage to having a partner or husband as we both do before you lose the weight is that you know they truely love you! They could care less if your pants say 22 or 2 on the inside, They just care about the smile on your face. Don't get me wrong my hubby loves the me I am becoming! He loves that he can take me out and other mens heads turn to look at me and he notices too! He likes my new body, but loves my soul not my body. Its great and warms your heart when they see your external beauty because most girls deep down want their Cinderella moment. Sounds like you just had one.
  • kirstineu
    kirstineu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Aaaawwwww, he sounds so special.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That is *so* awesome! I really hope that I can inspire mine and other people in my life that mean so much to me. Good for you...and great for your hubby!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!