Calories in sunscreen?

Options
13»

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    idk why i look.................................................

Right?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    idk why i look.................................................

I know. Because now I am sitting here trying to figure out if the people that think this is serious are being serious. My head hurts.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    To all the people that took this seriously...Derp Derp.

To the OP..Well played sir. Well played.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    haha, someone must be bored.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm hoping this is a joke ...cause it's a ridiculous question . But if not ....

You should just be thankful that you are not severely allergic to sunscreen and can use it ... If it does have caloric value I doubt it's much at all and you probably burn that just putting it on . I can not use it without a severe allergic reaction ... I really wish I could ! Instead I'm confined to wide brimmed hats, sarongs and coverups ... And I almost always get burned . I'd rather ingest a few calories!
  • glassbirdhouse
    Options
    Sunscreen only has calories if it's one of those 'all-natural' kinds that's made with/from oils (coconut oil and shea butter spring instantly to mind). I imagine the calories absorbed would depend on the porosity of your skin, right? You could always just play it safe and stay out of the sun.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    OMG I just realized I wash my hair with shampoo that says it is supposed to add body! I should switch to something that helps fight fat.
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right?!!! So, do I also have to measure out the body butter that I put on after my bath each night? And my face-creams? Oh. and maybe I should stop brushing my teeth with toothpaste?!!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry too much about this. Much healthier to use the suncream than worrying about the calories! Oh, just a thought, maybe that's why postage stamps became self-sticky in order that we didn't put on weight from licking them as we had to previously!

Of course you have to add them, butter and cream are really high in calories. Maybe try using body I can't believe its not butter, and face yoghurt.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen only has calories if it's one of those 'all-natural' kinds that's made with/from oils (coconut oil and shea butter spring instantly to mind). I imagine the calories absorbed would depend on the porosity of your skin, right? You could always just play it safe and stay out of the sun.

I'm not sure if its all natural but it goes on purple and drys clear
  • Selk68
    Selk68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oh Gawd ~ up until I reached this post, I was LMAO...
    ... now I gotta wonder... :\

=P
    Pfft, for all I know, it could be possible. I hear kids are shoving alcohol soaked tampons up their a**es and getting drunk. Who knew?
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that is you sweat it off it doesnt count...I wouldnt go licking yourself to see how it tastes either, thats a bad no no
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt go licking yourself to see how it tastes either, thats a bad no no

I'm not that flexible
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    The SPF does not really factor into the calories. You would think so, but that is a common misconception. Think of SPF as you would motor oil. The higher the weight, the thicker the oil. The higher the SPF, the thicker the sunscreen. If anything I would guess since you used a fairly low SPF that it absorbed quickly. Therefore you should not have much weight in liters of un-absorbed sunscreen on your body.

Good day, sir.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Mmm I love sunscreen. I use the spray on one to flavor my corn on the cob.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt go licking yourself to see how it tastes either, thats a bad no no

I'm not that flexible

I hear yoga helps with that.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this thread!!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You probably absorbed as many calories as you burned killing brain cells writing this post. So you're probably even?