Over 40?

Options
Hi,
I'm looking for friends that are over 40 and knows the challenges of trying to lose weight at this stage of life.
I have about 30 pounds to lose, the more motivation the better.
Kathy

Replies

• Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I am 42 and am 14lbs into the 50 I need/want to lose. I log in everyday and support my friends with positive feedback. Good luck on your journey.

Cheryl
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Kathy, feel free to add me.

There's a GROUP here on MFP of others who are over 40. The 40/50 but younger next year group is an active group & very supportive.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/820-40-50-but-younger-next-year.

Kim
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I am 50 if you want to add me.
  • AnnMarie518
    Options
    41 here! Also have 35 or so lbs to loose!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    46 and new as well. Feel free to add me!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm 40. I certainly don't build muscle like my 20year old cousins, but I'm slowly making progress. I never really cared about what I ate, but I kind of want to change my bad eating habits because i don't want to be part of the obesity epidemic.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Lots of people on here 40+
    Feel free to add me ... in 50s
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 this month. I'm 5'2," started at 160 lbs, currently 148, feel free to add me if you like!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please feel free to add me. I'm 49 and I'm looking to lose 20 lbs. I really do feel your pain about trying to lose weight in your 40s. It's tough! The hormones are going all wonky and the metabolism has slowed down dramatically. My old ways were simply not working anymore. I'm fairly new to MFP, but have found such incredible support.

Anyone posting on this thread, feel free to add me as well. I log in every day and do my best to give support to all my friends. :)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. I've lost 20 lbs so far with a few more to go. I'm happy to be supportive.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 48- 49 by the end of the month and have lost 20lbs . I'm at my goal weight and you'll see a little bit of junk food these past few weeks lol I don't care- I'm down to my high school weight and wearing size 0/2!
    I try to follow mark's daily apple recipes and you need to look at the primal blueprint if you haven't heard of it- google it. I love getting to eat meat, eggs, bacon, avacado, real butter, heavy whipping cream in my coffee- no more lite this and that.
    Please add me- but listen- you have to lower carbs and up protein to around 100 grams/day if you want to be successful. and exercise of course!
  • Carollondon
    Options
    I'm 43 and seem to be gaining weight every day! I've always been very thin so it is very distressing to see e scale creeping up every day I step on the scale. I've been monitoring what I eat but seem to be sabotaging myself when I see the inches and lbs creep on..seems hopeless at times and not enjoyable at all when I have to watch every bite to keep my caloric intake at 1200 a day.
  • Love_2_Shop
    Love_2_Shop Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40's too and know how hard it is to lose weight at this stage of life. Feel free to add me, and that goes for everyone on this thread. :smile:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Also over 40, and you're right, it's harder now!

I'll send you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 in January and have about 25-30 more pounds to lose. I've lost 38 already, but it's really slowing down and I can use all the extra support I can get. Any body feel free to add me! :) I track everything and log in every day.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    43 here....( 44 in October) my goal is to look good by next year when I turn 45. Feel free to add me. I, too can use a motivation.
  • LynnMarieBell
    Options
    Hi!!!
    I am over 40 with about 30 pounds to lose, too! I'd be happy to help motivate each other. We can do this!
    Lynn
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't have any friends on here, but just wanted to encourage you. I'm reading through all this, and it is SO familiar. I'll be 49 soon, and all the things that used to work just DON'T anymore. My loss has been extremely slow (compared to the old days, but my doc is happy!).

Hang in there, keep going...change things up, try different things. The biggest thing is to just not give up!
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and want to lose 50 lbs by next summer to backpack the West Coast Trail! Feel free to add me!
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 with a goal of 130 pouns have lost 55 so far in less than 4 months fell free to add me ayone i am very active and love mfp