Which meal replacement shakes?

Options
Hi there!

I'm starting to think about meal replacement shakes and protein shakes, Any recommendations?
Are there any that are organic?

Thanks for your advice!
Max

Replies

• MissMo36
    MissMo36 Posts: 27
    Options
    There is a great shake out there called Shakeology. It is super nutritious and works well as a meal replacement. It comes in a vegan option, and it is organic. You can order it through a Beachbody coach, but do your research first to find one that suits you. I use Shakeology, and I love it, so that's why I can vouch for it. :)
  • JudyNader
    JudyNader Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi (Visalus) and Jay Robb Whey Protein are both very good.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Which? Or why?
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I just became a Beachbody Coach and I am very excited about Shakeology. Due to a recent car accident, I can't work out right now (which actually sucks because I think I am finally motivated), so I will be using this to assist in my weight loss. I am in no way trying to lose quickly. But I have researched this product and am looking forward to seeing results. I cannot speak for any other product, but you should definitely research all of your options :-)
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Vega One (I've only tried the chocolate flavor) is a fairly decent meal replacement/protein shake in my opinion. I'm strictly going by the fact that is very satisfying and seems to include quality ingredients.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Didn't take long for the Shakeology Vultures to show up. Shakeology is the ultimate waste of money. You can find plenty of meal replacement or protein shakes with much. Enter quality for much less money.

Important question first. Are you looking for a meal replacement shake, or a protein supplement shake? They are two completely different things, and are not at all interchangeable.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The AdvoCare meal replacements are totally delicious and they have 24 grams of Protein and are 220 calories, shakeology is disgusting.
  • asticoral
    Options
    I thought this site http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mrps.html had a good selection to compare. I wanted to add protein to my diet without extra sugars I did just buy Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein and have Amazing Grass SuperFood as well.
    A friend really likes Garden of Life's Raw Protein.
    Vega One is very good as well as a real complete multi vit/min, so you really need to see what you need to add so you don't go over board on something.
    These are great for making smoothies!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    if you have a whole foods around you. they should have it. or lindberg or one of those types of stores lol.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I like Ensure High Protein 14 oz for a meal replacement. It is filling and has 25 grams of protein.

Garden of Life Raw Meal has all the right stats. It is also filling, but in a "food horror" kind of way. It tastes like lawn clippings and has a sandy texture. The thought of eating anything else afterwards is repulsive.

So yeah, I'm gonna recommend those two. :laugh:
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can't make any recommendations (different country, and all that) but before you decide on a protein shake, do some thorough research first. Too many protein shakes are a complete waste of money because they are using the "wrong" type of protein, one that just passes through your body with no effect. Or rather, with the only effect that the producer of said shake gets rich.
    Try googling something like "protein shake fraud" or benefits or so, and see what comes up. Good luck!
  • Maxine00
    Maxine00 Posts: 31
    Options
    THANKS everyone! That gives me some food (or shake?) for thought! I'll look into this over the weekend!!

I was looking for a meal replacement shake, I guess, that's low-cal and filling. I'm an on-the-go kind of person and can easily fall off the wagon if I'm running around and there's nothing healthy to eat that's readily available. If it has good protein, all the better.

But I'm not looking to drink shakes for three meals a day.

Thanks everyone for helping me think through this!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Didn't take long for the Shakeology Vultures to show up. Shakeology is the ultimate waste of money. You can find plenty of meal replacement or protein shakes with much. Enter quality for much less money.

Important question first. Are you looking for a meal replacement shake, or a protein supplement shake? They are two completely different things, and are not at all interchangeable.

Why does it matter what people are recommending? The person asked for information on MEAL REPLACEMENT Shakes. I didn't see you jump on the other people for recommending the other stuff. Is Shakeology expensive? Yes! But if you try to buy everything that Shakeology has in it and make your own shake you would spend much much more. Better quality? Really? Just because you don't like how Shakeology is marketed doesn't mean it is a bad product. Geez!

I will say it is not a protein shake, so it should not be compared to other brands and you can certainly buy Whey protein in bulk much cheaper.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

Why does it matter what people are recommending? The person asked for information on MEAL REPLACEMENT Shakes. I didn't see you jump on the other people for recommending the other stuff. Is Shakeology expensive? Yes! But if you try to buy everything that Shakeology has in it and make your own shake you would spend much much more. Better quality? Really? Just because you don't like how Shakeology is marketed doesn't mean it is a bad product. Geez!

I will say it is not a protein shake, so it should not be compared to other brands and you can certainly buy Whey protein in bulk much cheaper.

Pretty sure they were speaking in reference to the people who pitched Shakeology/Body by Vi and then added "message me for details or free samples".. all of those posts were recently deleted though apparently. It's just all of the people promoting it to make themselves a buck.