A NEW ME - 2010 Weight Loss Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    dont know how many of you have a wii but thought I would put this out there for those of you who do or are thinking about it. I played the most fun game the other day at a friends house. Its called "Just Dance" and it was fun....and it got my heart puming and I got a pretty good sweat on! Its a game where you can chose from about 30 songs and either a short or full version. You follow the dance moves on the screen and get points for matching the movements and timing! It was soooo fun. The music selection is pretty good too...there's something for everyone. A great way to get in some cardio for those of us who dread the treadmill and need to make it fun!!!
  • lisa22
    lisa22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd love to join - be helpful to get the motivation from everyone else! Also am looking for some yummy recipes too if anyone has any! Also any tips are very much apprciated too.
    Good luck to everyone else
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Back on track with my eating and looking forward to my first "real" intense workout tonight in over 2 weeks (thanks to a sinus infection).

:flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    Speaking of intense workouts, my boyfriend mentioned to me that it might be a good idea that after 2 weeks (I'm just starting week 3) I might want to up the intensity of my workouts? What do you girls think?

-- Cate :)
  • NickiRae
    Options
    Hi everyone -

I know I was supposed to log in my weight! But I got sick and I haven't lost anything yet then "it was that time" so I had 2 weeks of yuckiness. Hopefully the next couple weeks I will show some improvement!

Starting Weight: 141 Goal Weight: 125-130
    1/7/10- 141
    1/14/10 - 141 :(

I also have a problem of getting up to exercise, the best time for me would be morning but that means that I have to get up @ 5:30 am and that is SOOO hard for me! I try to push my self but sometimes I just stay in bed!
  • yolibear25
    Options
    I want to be apart of this. I have a lot to lose. I am just getting started I have let myself go for way to long. I want to live to have Grand Children some day.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    had veggies soup for lunch and orange juice for brekkie, need to do better with my veggies and fruits though :blushing:
  • christykowen
    Options
    Hi, I was noticing you get up real early to exercise. Just one interesting note that has been all the fitness mags this past year about getting enough sleep. Basically it reports getting 7- 8 hours of sleep each night was as important as at weight loss than exercise. Not to add to your burdens of balancing your time, but when you feel like sleeping I wouldn't worry too much your body probably need the rest if you re burning the candle at each end. Not sure what your solution is but I have found exercises I can do sitting beside my TV room. I am still spending time with my family and working out albeit maybe not as high calorie burning but a girl has to do what a girl has to do! Good Luck
    Hi everyone -

I know I was supposed to log in my weight! But I got sick and I haven't lost anything yet then "it was that time" so I had 2 weeks of yuckiness. Hopefully the next couple weeks I will show some improvement!

Starting Weight: 141 Goal Weight: 125-130
    1/7/10- 141
    1/14/10 - 141 :(

I also have a problem of getting up to exercise, the best time for me would be morning but that means that I have to get up @ 5:30 am and that is SOOO hard for me! I try to push my self but sometimes I just stay in bed!
    [/quote]
  • mrsmaggie2u
    Options
    hello, am I too late?
  • gijane1ea
    Options
    I haven't done very well. I gained 2 pounds and haven't had a chance to exercise until today. Well, it is great to say that I am back on track and hopefully that by the end of the week I will have had lost some pounds. Seeing that scale go up last week upset me a great deal and made me motivated to get my butt in gear!
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    dont know how many of you have a wii but thought I would put this out there for those of you who do or are thinking about it. I played the most fun game the other day at a friends house. Its called "Just Dance" and it was fun....and it got my heart puming and I got a pretty good sweat on! Its a game where you can chose from about 30 songs and either a short or full version. You follow the dance moves on the screen and get points for matching the movements and timing! It was soooo fun. The music selection is pretty good too...there's something for everyone. A great way to get in some cardio for those of us who dread the treadmill and need to make it fun!!!

I have heard about the game and have been trying to get it, but it's been sold out everywhere!
    Thanks for the suggestion, good to hear that it's as fun as it looks!

I forgot to post my weigh in, but I remained the same.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I want to be apart of this. I have a lot to lose. I am just getting started I have let myself go for way to long. I want to live to have Grand Children some day.

Welcome to the group! Can't wait to get to know you as we continue on our weight loss journeys!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    hello, am I too late?

Nope, not too late at all! Welcome to the group - check-in's are on Thursday!
  • bossybooty
    Options
    Hey all. I am joining this group today!

I know to check in on Thursday.

Current weight is 162 lbs as of last Thursday

will check in again on Thurs 1/21/10
  • immacookie
    Options
    Got in my first workout last night in over 2 weeks... I'm a little sore, nothing bad. Did Day1Week1 of Chalean Extreme.

Tonight is Day1Week1 of C25K :glasses:
  • immacookie
    Options
    Speaking of intense workouts, my boyfriend mentioned to me that it might be a good idea that after 2 weeks (I'm just starting week 3) I might want to up the intensity of my workouts? What do you girls think?

It certainly can't HURT... maybe if you increase the intensity for a couple of days this week and see how you feel? If it works well you can do a couple of more days at higher intensity the next week?
  • NickiRae
    Options
    I think I'm going to try to work out after work, I usually work til 4 and get home by 4:30 so I think that I will try that for now. I recently went to the chiropractor and my being tired comes from my issues in my neck/spine somehow! I'm also going to try to go to bed a half hour early and see how that works

I have been eating healthier, and doing some situps and leg work outs when I do manage to get up! I just hope I see some results in the near future. Ive done it before I know I can do it again. I just need to get motivated and stay motivated. Thats usually my problem.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options

It certainly can't HURT... maybe if you increase the intensity for a couple of days this week and see how you feel? If it works well you can do a couple of more days at higher intensity the next week?

Cate - I agree. It can't hurt to change it up and make it a little more intense, probably best to start with just a few days and work up from there. And don't forget to plan a day of rest!

I had my kickboxing DVD today, pilates class tomorrow, and then ZUMBA on Thursday! I never thought that I could exercise 4 days out of the week, but I can and I love it!
  • bossybooty
    Options
    OK well, I just got home from a very late class. Didnt have dinner and on the way home, like a moth to flame, did the unthinkable and stopped by a Taco Bell. Thought it would be ok to have a fresco bean burrito and a grilled chicken soft taco with the "diet menu". Not a good idea. I went way over my calories and maxed, maxed, maxed out my sodium. What was I thinking??

I thought well go ahead, log your food, and move on. Do my best tomorrow right?

Mini- goal. Thursday is my weigh in. I need to make it count. Im gonna put extra effort in tomorrow morning at the gym.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    how are you all doing? having a tough week, have no idea what thursday will bring, best of luck to us all! :drinker: