No late night "junk"snacking - 01/18/2010 to 01/24/2010

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/75771-no-late-night-snacking-01-11-2010-to-01-17-2010?page=2#posts-1051045

Many times, we may have a great day as far as eating healthy, getting in our exercise, right up through dinner. But then the after-dinner munchies start to happen. We sit in front of the TV or we get a snack for our kids and we realize that we are eating potato chips, ice cream, chocolate bar, when in reality we didn't even really want it.

That is what this thread is about. For some of us, we make a cut off time that may vary from day to day and decide not to eat anything past that time at all (usually about 2 hours before bed). For other, we may make a resolve to simply not put anything processed in our mouths past that given time and keep everything natural.

Whichever way you do it, please come join us and encourage us and be motivated to keep your day healthy even past dinnertime.

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Last night was horrible and this weekend, although staying within my calories, did not make wise food choices or even pay attention to the clock. So I'm resolving to get my butt in gear this week.

No eating after 7 pm this week Monday through Thursday. I'll figure out the weekend when I figure out what I'm doing :)

Hope you all had a great weekend.
  • emahjain
    Options
    i have always tried to not eat after 8pm, it doesn't always work but i find sometimes i'm strong enough.

i've also found that if i wake up on my own then i'm not hungry but if i wake up to my alarm like most mornings then i'm hungry. i've not quite worked out how to not listen to cravings but only eat when i really need to.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Oh gosh, i'm having so much trouble with this lately. It's the most discouraging thing ever.
  • serrasalmus
    Options
    Late night eating is the worst thing possible...

Im 19 stone at the moment (lots of fat)

I go to the gym 4 times a week and cycle nearly 100 miles a week

I eat well, but not over the top...

However, I have a bowl of cereal most evenings (probably about 500 calories worth at least)

Despite my fitness regime....no drinking, no smoking....Im still pretty damn fat....

If that isnt evidence of how destructive late eating is...I dont know what is....

Ive stopped it now Ive joined this site and will monitor my changes closely !
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    kaytbognar - this thread is really encouraging and the people that post here have been a great source of support and encouragement. I hope you will join us. Even posting your non-successful evenings is helpful so as to let the rest of us know that we are not alone.

serrasalmus - good for you in your lifestyle changes. slow and steady wins the race. you'll get there!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    A promise is a promise :wink: - count me in! Cut-off, as before, 9 p.m. (since I plan to go to bed at 11).
  • alidasturn
    Options
    I have a very hard time with not eating late at night... this is an area where I need strength. I feel so hungry late at night!
  • Bebe
    Bebe Posts: 22
    Options
    Howdy, everyone. I'll be having a grapefruit later.

Keep on trucking!!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    kaytbognar - this thread is really encouraging and the people that post here have been a great source of support and encouragement. I hope you will join us. Even posting your non-successful evenings is helpful so as to let the rest of us know that we are not alone.

Well, then, count me in. I've been good that last few days, gave myself a fridge cutoff time of 9:30 (sometimes I work late and don't get off until 9.) If I'm preparing a meal, I can eat after 9:30, so long as the fridge stays closed from 9:31 onward.

Tonight I wound up eating late, my dinner plans got kinda bunged up. Salvaged things, though, with lots of fresh fruit and some yogurt for dinner instead of what I had planned. It was super yummy!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    kayt - great job on keeping it healthy. Makes a difference.

Dewdrop - Welcome home :)

Bebe - How do you eat your grapefruit? Just plain or anything with it.

alidasturn - welcome. I find that if I eat enough high fiber food during the day, the night is more tolerable. Also I use peppermint tea to fill in the empty spaces at night.

Welcome all you new comers this week.

How did everyone do last night?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    :smile: :smile:
    Two consecutive nights for me, which is a good thing, because I ate nothing but junk I felt like all day. Let my TOM get the best of me. But I'm back to healthy today (I hope).
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Mo night was good. Today, I'm allowed to have a snack when I come home (past 9).
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hey Lula! remember last week I said I hadn't eaten after 7.. Well Friday night I killed it, Sat night I killed it, Sun night I killed it, But last night I stuck to it, So I am starting over...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Hey Lula! remember last week I said I hadn't eaten after 7.. Well Friday night I killed it, Sat night I killed it, Sun night I killed it, But last night I stuck to it, So I am starting over...
    You are still the queen of being consecutive. And whatever you killed it with, I hope it was something yummy :)
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hi all! So far for the week, I am 1 for 1. Tonight, I am eating a little later than wanted, but I did workout twice today, and our metabolism is high after a workout, right? So, I don't think I am doing to bad. Tomorrow, cutoff at 7:30.
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love this message board. I can be totally honest about how miserably I failed at this, and no one judges, everyone just lifts me up and encourages me!

I stunk it up this weekend, for real. We ate dinner late every night (what is it about the weekends???), and I tried to make healthier choices, but wasn't very successful. Lulabelle, I ended up taking your advice, and trashed the chocolate wafers that were so tempting. Then poured dish soap on top of them when I actually found myself tempted to dig them out of the garbage. (WHO DOES THAT?!? But at least I didn't...but I really wanted to!) Now if I can just keep my husband from bringing them home again...

The week should be better...I hope.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Lulabelle, I ended up taking your advice, and trashed the chocolate wafers that were so tempting. Then poured dish soap on top of them when I actually found myself tempted to dig them out of the garbage. (WHO DOES THAT?!? But at least I didn't...but I really wanted to!)
    I'm a trash digger on desperate days, so don't feel bad. Dish soap? Never thought of that one before. Better than water. I've eaten soggy cookies before :blushing:

Weekends are evil when it comes to eating healthy. Don't know what it is. I'm suffering from some excessive bloating due to my weekend. My rings even hurt.

Most people say TGIF. Well, we'll be the TGIM. If it weren't for Mondays, where would all our new beginnings come from :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Hi all! So far for the week, I am 1 for 1. Tonight, I am eating a little later than wanted, but I did workout twice today, and our metabolism is high after a workout, right? So, I don't think I am doing to bad. Tomorrow, cutoff at 7:30.
    I'm actually going to be hitting the gym twice today. I'm just curious what different workouts you might do if you do two workouts in a day? I ran this morning and this evening I'm doing a Zumba dancing class.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to be hitting the gym twice today. I'm just curious what different workouts you might do if you do two workouts in a day? I ran this morning and this evening I'm doing a Zumba dancing class.

I actually workout twice a week at least 2 times a week, that's not including if I play my wii too. I go to the gym in the morning and then Zumba in the evening. I learned the hard way, that Zumba is a lot of cardio and so is running. I was just too exhausted to do both, so I've decided that my Zumba days will be my weights days also.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Blark. Had dinner way late last night, later than I wanted to, but it was healthy and delicious. Been addicted to the oranges from our tree lately, so those are my default cave-snack for nights.

Found a new tea Ilike, apple cinnamon. Pretty yummy.

Way to go everyone, keep truckin'.