Today I finished Insanity! (pics)

Options
Recently I put on a lot of weight, mostly due to not exercising and TERRIBLE eating habits. That all have to change when I was invited to a beach wedding/family reunion this summer!

I think I chose insanity partly to punish myself, and partly because I needed results. I had started Insanity once before but only stuck with it for a few days, so I had a rough idea of what I was getting myself into.

Over the last 9 weeks I stuck to the workout plan never missing a workout, which I still can't believe! There were so many times I thought my heart would explode or I would die, but I kept going with the help of my beloved.

For some stupid reason I always thought that when you are 'fit' working out is easy. It really clicked for me when Shaun T said that it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they are still going to burn. After that I kind of stopped feelings sorry for my aching muscles and just tried to embrace the burn and DIG DEEPER!

Insanity is a really awesome program but you do have to be in the right frame of mind to finish. It's hard to keep going or see the light at the end of the tunnel when every single muscle aches, but thats when a workout buddy is invaluable!

Though I didn't follow the Insanity diet, I experimented with calorie counting (thats how I came across MFP). I think my results would have been more impressive had I stuck with the diet plan, but on the other hand the dieting may have pushed me over the edge!

I lost 28cm (11 inches) and 6kg (13 lbs), I am really happy with the results, I feel so much stronger and tighter! There is still a long way to go, but its a good start...

Here are my results pics

tumblr_m98sd2l2UM1rti3te.jpg

tumblr_m98sdff00M1rti3te.jpg

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!!! You look fantastic and congrats to you! :flowerforyou:
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Great transformation
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Way to go and way to stick with it...i can't wait to start round 2 of insanity, it's one of those love hate relationships, lol

you look great, congrats

:happy:
  • kay4489
    kay4489 Posts: 36
    Options
    u look great! look at that tummy and the dimples in ur back (i've always wanted those, lol). congrats on ur success
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    insane results!
  • FitHurt
    FitHurt Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks guys!

It's definitely a love hate relationship with Insanity.... I just feel sorry for my neighbours lol

I think I might try TurboFire next, I hear its like a 'fun' Insanity
  • oralei
    oralei Posts: 12
    Options
    GOOD JOB
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Oooh love the back dimples. Great job!
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think you look like you lost more than that! Your skin even looks smoother. Way to go!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so toned! And like ^^^^ said, your skin looks more smooth and healthy too. Enjoy your family reunion and flaunt it! X x x
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    Great results! Congratulations . . . . I'm looking forward to starting a new program soon. I'm not sure I'm ready for Insanity yet though!
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    Amazing. I'm on day 5 of insanity. I love it even though it's hard.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    wow, big difference! congrats on your completion of such a strenuous workout-keep up the fantastic work :)
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    wow! You look amazing!
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Those results are amazing! Great dedication really pays off.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    awesome transformation! you should be proud! thanks for sharing!!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    GR8 progress !!!
  • losin_it049
    Options
    Well done..you look great!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wow, Awesome results. Great job, you look great!
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I am starting it on Monday and I am scared soooo bad. But, seeing results like this, make me want to push through it! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!