Yoga for the "Chubby Extreme"

Options
Hello! I joined MFP a little over a month ago and am hooked. I'm what I consider Chubby Extreme at 381lbs (I've lost 24 yay!!) I've been swimming daily along with doing some walking. Now that I have my butt off the couch and moving, I've decided to explore the possibility of doing Yoga. Here are my questions....

Is Yoga at my size a possibility and recommended? I am rather flexible and able to move with ease.

Does anyone have suggestions on DVDs geared toward larger folks?

I found HeavyWeight Yoga: Yoga for the Body You Have Today on Amazon. Has anyone tried this particular DVD?

Thank you in advance for your replies. And as always feel free to add me if you're looking for new super awesome friends. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've personally found modifying regular yoga videos to be the way to go. It depends what you are looking for but for a soothing yoga, I like Candlelight yoga. And for more of a 'weight loss yoga', Bob Harper also has some yoga stuff and it tends to be size friendly. There are also multiple yoga videos designed for beginners which is a good way to go. Gaim has quite a few good ones including AM/PM yoga for a soothing morning and evening routine.
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and ordered the HeavyWeight Yoga DVD from Amazon. Here's to happy Yoga-ing!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and ordered the HeavyWeight Yoga DVD from Amazon. Here's to happy Yoga-ing!

I haven't seen the DVD, but I've met Abby and she's great! I'm sure you'll love it.