STILL can't lose the gut! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• astrojunky
    Options
    Well i think you should be very proud of yourself, getting your measurements down to what you have while being in a wheelchair.
    Very well done, i now feel if you can achieve such great results there can be no more excuses for me not to :)
  • jablumer
    Options
    I have two suggestions that have been working for me. I couldn't tell from your post if you eat a lot of leafy greens, if not I would add them to lunch and dinner. I think increasing your cardio would help. I do 60 minutes of intense cardio 2-3x a week with a trainer and try to get in at least another 60 minutes of cardio 1 more day during the week-Zumba or a class at the gym.

As I increased my cardio to 4x a week, I literally watched my stomach deflate and am now starting to see some definition. Good luck!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a pilates or yoga class. There is a lot core strength training in those classes. If you
    don't have excess I suggest doing some planks. this has really helped me.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    belly is the last thing to go - it could take a year, who knows! I have had a lot to lose, but I've been working on this for a year and a half - 114.2lbs down, and my belly is the slowest thing to shrink! I only want to lose another 20-30lbs, but I feel like it's all belly! haha.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    first the last 10 pounds are a ***** to lose, I have been working on mine for almost a year. Second, you can't fight your natural shape. Just be the best you can be
  • wheels5894
    wheels5894 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same problem here - the roll of fat around the navel level. My problem maybe worse, though, as the underlying muscles as paralyzed (MS) so I can'r do the sort of exercise that might help. that said, the dieting has reduced quite a bit of my 'gut' so things are improving,.

I have similar issue I've been wheelchair user for 7 years. I'm not paralysed but have issues with motor co-ordination so can't keep my balance stood up, so consequently have to do everything from sitting.

I heard there was a term known as 'Quad belly' where wheelchair users often get the 'beer belly' due to those muscles not getting used as much as we are no longer doing sit to stand frequently and having to keep our balance upright, even if those muscles aren't actually paralysed.

I've got my waist down to 30" (38" last year) and around tummy to 33" (48" last year) I'd like to get tummy to 30 " too but dunno if it will be possible. I do loads of core training on floor but still it's been last area to respond and I've been at it at this intensity for the last year.

Yes, a 'quad belly' is sue to things, well er... sagging as the muscles around the stomach area and abdomen are slack Normally, these muscles hold things in as it were. Mine isn't that, though, it is juts plain old fat!