Kundalini Yoga! Opinions?

Options
Hey, I've just heard about Kundalini Yoga and was wondering if anyone had tried it? I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have heard it can help with physical problems. Any opinions would be welcome!

Replies

• sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've dabbled with different kinds of yoga for many years now. I have not practiced Kundalini exclusively, however a lot of the poses are incorporated into other forms of yoga. There are a lot of benefits to yoga,I'd encourage anyone curious about it to give it a try.

I find it helps me with stress and is a nice addition to my regular workouts. So go for it. You have nothing to lose. My advice would be to give it a few classes and focus on your breathing. It's all about the breathing.
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a DVD of it that I did for just a little while. It was a very serene type of yoga 9at least the DVD I have is). Very relaxing and helped with flexibility.

I am doing DDP Yoga right now. Depending on what you want out of the yoga you might look into it. There are a lot of people with physical problems that seem to see improvement in their ability to cope with them. DDPyoga.com

I am doing it for less impact but still burning fat and building muscle.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I don't know of a Kundalini DVD. There are plenty of gentle ones out there. Maybe you could go to a class? Or check out your library to see if they have any?