HRM or Fitbit ?

Options
2»

Replies

• toffeewaffle
    toffeewaffle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love fitbit it's helped me lose 50 lbs. Like ppl have said it depends on what you are doing. I love how the fitbit works it's easy and you wear it all day. The HRM you have to remember to put on when you work out. The question you need to ask yourself is are you going to always remember to but the HRM on? If not then the fitbit would be the way to go. Put it back on after you get dressed and you're off.

If you can afford it go for both.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia armband ... I love it ... monitors your sleep, calories, steps, physical activity ... I have the link so I can hook it up to my phone
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    just got my polar ft7 this morning, already used it for a big shopping walk (1 1/2 hours pushing stroller and carrying child in carry pack) and OMG I LOVE IT! had a pulse watch before this, the polar is way better, it records and logs info so when i accidentally stop it (which i do when playing with buttons!) it is not lost! i do lots of random stuff, swimming, circuit training, walking, and i like the versatility of the hrm. good luck!
  • darkhakai
    Options
    Saving for a later read... ^_^
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit, but am buying a HRM next week.....wish i would've bought the HRM first!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I use both at different times. It depends on the activity. I have horrible numbers when I do spin class with the fitbit, so I use HRM for that. Fitbit is great for running, walking, etc.
  • skanabar
    skanabar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great replies guys. I am going to start with an HRM first. As of now my activities involve walking, elliptical and strength training. I am planning to start a dance class soon. So I think HRM will work for now :)
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    it depends on what you want it for, I do alot of walking so the Fitbit is perfect for me.
    I know f people who have sold their Fitbits to get HRM as they do alot of cardio.