400-Calorie Loaded Veggie Pizza (With Pics!)

Options

Replies

• ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy, but does the tortilla get crispy?? I've heard of this idea before but just imagine it being all floppy for some reason!
  • gallerygirl21
    gallerygirl21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This looks super good! I sometimes use that brand's flatbread... but this looks much larger!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Yum! I totally do this! Actually made one last night! :) Mine is a little different:

I use a whole wheat pita (approx 120 cal; 4? fibre - Balady brand)
    I use salsa as my sauce. I add a huge bed of spinach there - it wilts down a ton, so get all the nutritional bang - but it is disguised with other goodness.
    then add a portion of your cheese.
    Then I usually will add mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, whatever is in the fridge, low call and fits my fancy. Top it with the rest of your cheese. I usually do not use more than 2 oz - I like tex mex mix. I bake it, convection, at 425, til it looks crispy goodness.

Add whatever you like. Sometimes I will use 1/2 - 1 oz of reg cheese, and then 1/2 - 1 oz feta, with some olive, onion, etc.

***if you use 1oz reg cheese total is approx: 280 - ***if you use 2oz of reg cheese total is approx: 390

Good luck and enjoy!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. I brush my tortilla with a little evoo and then put in a pan to cook for a few minutes before topping. I just let them brown a little. They get super cripsy and yummy!!!
  • Jesswatt10
    Options
    That looks amazing! Also, step number 6 cracked me up.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    looks good! I don't like tortillas much though.

I did see some stuff on pinterest about a cauliflower pizza crust. Of course, I don't know the calories involved, but folks that made it seem to like it.
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing idea.. definitely doing it this weekend. Thank you for posting this!
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can also add turkey, and/or turkey bacon, and/or chicken and/or pineapple to kick it up a bit
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump, saving for later, looks awesome :)
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I adore this idea! And you even used my favorite veggies! Thanks so much for sharing. I really appreciate the time you took to take pictures too. :flowerforyou:
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Looks great. I make a similar pizza with "flat out" tortillas but I may try it with those. I like turkey based pepperoni on mine they are only like 70 cal for 16 pepperonies and I usually use a half serving.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great idea with great pics! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    bump
  • helper3
    helper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mmmm going to try this!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. Thanks!
  • shortnerdy
    shortnerdy Posts: 131
    Options
    My mouth is watering! Will try this for sure, maybe even for lunch today :D Thanks for the idea.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Thanks 4 posting! Will be making:smile: