Could you go a year... without looking in the mirror?

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Psh, I can't go 5 minutes without checking myself out.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    I need mirrors so I can shave my beard.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    How the hell are you supposed to do that?

Mirrors are everywhere.

I myself need a mirror to put in eye drops. Really hard to aim right without one.
  • im far to vain id last about 3 hours tops
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    mirror_o_286755.jpg&sa=X&ei=qG03UNaSC6fJyQH6-IDYAw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEQq0jWilYd1DR3sWqVc5MfIIR1fA

LMAO!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
  • So did she wear a blindfold at the hairdresser?

Without mirrors, how else would I blow myself kisses???
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    OK, so I just ran to the bathroom and realized it's pretty much impossible to do this if you ever wash your hands in a public bathroom or need to set something on the counter.

At home, I guess you could cover the mirror, but not out in public.

This, I have no idea how she used a public restroom. Plus, realistically, I need to look in the mirror before I leave the house in the morning. If I don't, I tend to go to work looking like complete cr*p, which isn't good for my professional image. Maybe if I was better at keeping up certain things (e.g. brushing my hair or making sure my clothes aren't covered in cat hair) without a mirror then I could try to do it, but I still don't know how you'd deal with public situations.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Not if I want to keep working out, nearly all the walls in my gym are mirrored.
  • absolutely not at all... I'm almost certain I couldn't even go a day....
  • Honestly i have gone two years without a one in my home, i only had one for my makeup and my hair little handheld yes it was a pain in my butt but i got use to it . i moved since then and i have full size ones in my livingroom now and i walk past them as fast as i can now or i try not to look at them, but with the losing weight thing i've been working out in front of then or at least trying to anyways its a self worth things my whole life i've been told i'm worthless by friends and family now its about undoing that and its a body image thing its sucks but on to the new me right i hate mirror's and i miss my little handheld one lol
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    not a chance. i'm like a parrot.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    didn't read the article, but there is no wayi could do it, i need to do my hair and put my makeup on every day, i think that would be kinda difficult with no mirror!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    I thought this was an amazing story! I am not sure I could do it!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Yes....I could.....in a heartbeat!! That way I would quit beating myself up so bad!!! My bathroom has a mirror on 3 out of the 4 walls!! NOT FAIR!!! I can see me in way too many directions!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I even look at my reflection in any surface that reflects it. I may be a tad vain... ;)
  • ERRRRRRRRR IN A WORD...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a horrible idea?!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Absolutely not. When I was a teenager I would avoid the mirrors at all costs. Back then I had no idea how to make myself look beautiful. Right now I feel like I have learnt to like myself, and can't stop checking myself out in the mirror :-)
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    3 hours tops! nomore nomore no no
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    I can't even go on my 5 min walk commute to work without looking in the windows of the buildings! I don't think I'm vain, maybe just paranoid or habit. :embarassed:
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    3 hours tops! nomore nomore no no

i have to see my reflection in the glass doors walking to the actual mirror in the restroom at work =/