SEMTEX

Options
anyone tried the JstJodie supplement SEMTEX?
Heard all sorts of things, 9lb in 2 weeks etc.

Its like gold dusty too, never in stock and the website always crashed when it is back in stock!

Replies

• jambojen
    jambojen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this and im desperate to get some of it to help shift the last stubbon 2-3kg. Always out of stock! It gets great reviews on her website.

x
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat right and exercise? You have no idea what you're ingesting when you take these supplements.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    semtex.png
    This is real SEMTEX

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    semtex.png
    This is real SEMTEX

The first thing I thought of lol
  • jambojen
    jambojen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat right and exercise? You have no idea what you're ingesting when you take these supplements.

I have lost 60 lbs eating right and exercising thanks, wasnt looking for weight loss advice, just interested if anyone has tried SEMTEX.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    if you are using semtex for weight loss..... you are using it wrong :laugh:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    semtex.png
    This is real SEMTEX

The first thing I thought of lol

Me too.....

To the OP, most of these so-called miracle supplements will only lighten your wallet.

"SEMTEX fat burners dramatically improve the rate in which body fat is burnt aswell as providing a huge increase in explosive energy levels.

In combination with a healthy balanced diet the results are remarkable!"

It's basically an OTC stimulant, I'd love to see some actual peer reviewed studies as to the efficacy and safety of these types of products.(interesting that they use the word explosive.....)
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    I have been eating healthy and exercising since Jan 2nd and have only lost 5lbs! I have ben plateauing on and off for months, most recent was 8 weeks of no movement. I changed my food and routines to shake it up but nothing works!
    I am just looking for a boost and a kickstart!

anyhoo.... they arrived today, Im just about to go to the gym so lets see what happens! (im not taking them for weight loss Im taking them for a boost in calorie burning with a workout)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that, keep us posted.
    I fear that it's pure marketing.

You might share your diary if you want input from the people here on what works/doesn't.
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    I took 2 of these last nigh and got through a RPM/spinning class AND a body combat class! Near on 2 hours of intense Cardio!
    I got through it and was giving it 100% until the end! Normally I would have been tired after 1 class!

I didn't feel too bad after either.
    I will definatley use these, really improve stamina and performance.

1 side effect - cramp in my toes!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Bloody stupid name for a supplement but I'm Irish so... In other news save yourself the money and lift heavier!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It's a sticky grenade used in Call of Duty, Modern Warfare.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

It's also what was used to blow up sh!tloads of stuff/people here in the 70s/80s!
  • moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Would be interested to hear any genuine reviews from MFP about Semtex. I am constantly seeing success stories on Twitter about it and all the website reviews are positive (which makes me ever so slightly suspicious).

From looking at the ingredients it contains Guarana which is a stimulant so no doubt it gives you energy which would make you workout more I suppose- not sure about it actually being a "fat burner". I am just curious though as have had a bit of a motivation lapse in the gym and would like to shed 4/5lb in Sept.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot about this on twitter, and IF it actually works, I'm not at all convinced that it's any good for you to lose so quickly, and it's more than likely the weight lost will also be water / muscle not just fat!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Would be interested to hear any genuine reviews from MFP about Semtex. I am constantly seeing success stories on Twitter about it and all the website reviews are positive (which makes me ever so slightly suspicious).

From looking at the ingredients it contains Guarana which is a stimulant so no doubt it gives you energy which would make you workout more I suppose- not sure about it actually being a "fat burner". I am just curious though as have had a bit of a motivation lapse in the gym and would like to shed 4/5lb in Sept.

A lot of companies PAY people to post positive reviews, even when they have never tried the product. Too many glowing reviews is usually a red flag.
  • not_virified
    Options
    iv actully just brought a pot of this so i will let you know if it works!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    http://www.jstjodie.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=59

Probably just like every other fat burning supplement to hit the internet...CRAP
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options

exactly what brought me to this thread haha. misleading... i thought we were talking about all the weight ive lost

by playing COD all day and workin out my fingers on those bumpers.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options

A lot of companies PAY people to post positive reviews, even when they have never tried the product. Too many glowing reviews is usually a red flag.

Haha thought something fishy was going on!!! Nobody seems to have anything bad to say about it and my hubby believes it all, if it's on twitter it must be true :/

I regularly do 2 hours at the gym spinning and boxing, i used to run 5k before a class, or bike 6 miles each way to and from the gym, have done 3 hours on occasions no magical fat burners / energy pills needed just a healthy diet and my own energy!
This discussion has been closed.