Anyone else spending WAY too much time on this site?

Options

Replies

• EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not at all. Not one bit.

Am I still here...?

Awwww who am I kidding??? I'm on ALLLLL the time!! If my boss finds out I'm definitely sacked!! Kind of makes me wish they'd block it at work like facebook...but then I might cry...
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I fully expect to be unemployed once the IT department traces back to me...

Right there with you. I've had to turn off my second monitor to keep from checking what's going on while I'm waiting for files to load.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Meh, I can quit any time I want...

...I just don't want to yet.

F5...F5...F5...F5...
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Yeah, with my decreased motivation at work I find myself on this website every day, and for way too long each day. Oh well, they haven't fired me yet.

^^This times 1,000
  • vlsalvaggio
    Options
    I spend more time on this site then i do on facebook. Also the 8 hours that i am at work the majority of that time is spend on here!!
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict, too. I've become obsessed with this site. I spend way more time here than I do on Facebook. My *friends who I know in real life* probably wonder where I've gone. lol
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it wears off, I've been doing it for almost 2 years now, I think you'll find moderation though. When I need motivation, I will find myself looking for before and afters more and I do check my friends daily but it will all even out eventually. =D WELCOME ABOARD!!!!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I fully expect to be unemployed once the IT department traces back to me...

I legitimately have this fear!! Funny how it still doesn't stop me though...

The conversation that goes through my head when I envision IT catching up to me:

Me: "No I do work!"
    Them: "Um, on 8/24/12 you went to myfitnesspal.com/ 237 times, and myfitnesspal.com/chrisrs87 194 times, not to mention the numerous visits to a page called 'Tell me what is sexy about myself'. Yeah sorry, we're gonna have to let you go."
    Me: "But it's fitness and wellness related, I'm trying to reduce your health insurance premiums by staying healthy!"
    Them: "Judging by the amount of time lapsed on this website, we think it's fair to estimate you only did actual work for about, 110 minutes, GTFO"
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awwww who am I kidding??? I'm on ALLLLL the time!! If my boss finds out I'm definitely sacked!! Kind of makes me wish they'd block it at work like facebook...but then I might cry...
    [/quote]

We would all cry :sad:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    meh.

I'm hardly ever here...

Right? I mean seriously people, get it together.

*refresh page, check profile, My Home, message board, refresh, inbox, profile, refresh*

exactly. it's a matter of self-dicipline.

*runs off to check profile, check groups, check my home, refresh*
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it wears off, I've been doing it for almost 2 years now, I think you'll find moderation though. When I need motivation, I will find myself looking for before and afters more and I do check my friends daily but it will all even out eventually. =D WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

At what point does this happen...? I've been here 6 and a half months and I'm more addicted than ever! I spend AT LEAST 8 hours a day on this site...it's not good!!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for 3 months, I think... and nope. If anything, I'm on it more now than I was before. My friends on here keep me wanting to come back! :bigsmile:
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Today is my 305th day of MFP. Yes, I'm totally addicted! Love this place, love the people and I've lost weight!
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was a Facebook junkie...now it's MFP!!!
  • bluestocking01
    Options
    Yeah, with my decreased motivation at work I find myself on this website every day, and for way too long each day. Oh well, they haven't fired me yet.

Same boat here! I spend a lot of time on here everyday while at work and at home.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    meh.

I'm hardly ever here...

Right? I mean seriously people, get it together.

*refresh page, check profile, My Home, message board, refresh, inbox, profile, refresh*

^^This!!!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yep. On here way too much, and then on my iPhone to log. I confess though that my favorite threads are the "in before the lock" trainwrecks for their entertainment value. I don't comment on them often, but I'll read the entire dozen-page thread.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, Im on here too much. I check in every meal, and cruise the forums a bit in the evening too. On the other hand, if Im doing that Im not eating or doing other things that waste time in much worse ways, so I think I'll stick with it.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I spend waaay too much time here reading through the posts. I sometimes wonder how thin I would be if I spent the time exercising instead.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, Im on here too much. I check in every meal, and cruise the forums a bit in the evening too. On the other hand, if Im doing that Im not eating or doing other things that waste time in much worse ways, so I think I'll stick with it.

^--This. If I'm on here reading about people trying to be healthy and lose weight, the chance I'm going to go eat a cookie drops dramatically. :P So I consider my addiction a healthy one. ;)