herbalife????

Options
2»

Replies

• zumbaa45
    Options
    NOT TRUE FOR ME OR MY DAUGHTER. We totally learned how to eat healthier & have been for the last two years. We still love herbalife shakes & use them daily for the nutrition they hold. we eat out , we eat like others & maintain our weight . Everything works different for different people .
  • banishBS
    Options
    Their protein bars are delicious and whilst I don't follow the full Herbalife regime, I always make sure I have a box of their peanut chocolate bars for pre or post workout. At 136 cals with 10g of protein, they are fab!
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So not to start another argument here BUT what do you do for a living? How would you feel if everyone felt that way about your Profession? Some of us are distributors because we believe in the products, discounts ect.
    I have a friend that has lost 120+ lbs using herbalife. He swears by it but then he is a "dealer". He has gotten many people to buy thinking they can lose 120+ on it.

Well, I have lost 110+ in half the time he has lost 120+ lbs and I don't use it. I have tired it, tastes decent but here is why I do not use it --

- I don't buy from "dealers". I am not paying more to fatten someone else's pocketbook
    - I am not paying that much. I can get a better product for less on GNC. $3+ a shake for herbalife when I can get for around $1.
    - Holy carbs Batman! Seriously, no. If I am going to eat that many carbs I will eat a Snickers bar and enjoy it a hell of a lot more.
    - I can get fewer calories, fewer carbs and more protein from Optimum Nutrition, Pro Performance or Premier Nutrition brands
    - The above brands I listed taste FANTASTIC and are available on store and the net not from a "dealer"
    - The above brands come in many flavors that I don't need to add pudding mix to so they taste better (remember I know a dealer, I have all their recipes and that is what they use to make their flavored shakes)
    - The shake bars in my town refuse to even send me the nutritional information or provide it to me when I have went into request it. Could it be the calories/carbs that their shakes have? Yup, I think so.
    - Opps, forgot this one. Soy. YUCK. They mix soy protein in theirs. I only buy whey or sometimes casein. I hate the taste of soy and I don't need estrogen problems and increase chance of breast cancer.

So there you go. Do with it as you feel.
  • ginabops
    ginabops Posts: 26
    Options
    Anyone can lose weight if they put their mind to it. You say Herbalife is expensive, I'm not sure who your buying it from but I buy it at 35% off which in turn cost me 1.13 a shake, not bad. 3.00 huh! You say you wouldnt buy from "dealers" well GNC is a dealer too and they sell any product they can get their hands on with little knowledge of the products they sell. Can I tell you how many products GNC has put on their shelves that later had to be pulled off because of it being harzardous to oneself. Herbalife reps believe in the product and they use the products themselves. We also educate people on healthy eating outside Herbalife, Does GNS do that, NO they just want your credit card and charge you money for products without an nutritional value. I've done the research for years I know the results and how many people its helped over the years.
    The main thing people don't understand it that Herbalife allows the body to build muscle while you are burning fat. If your not feeding you body the proper amount of vitamens, nurtients etc your losing weight but your body will be flabby. I dont know about you but I've built muscle, I'm firm, and no flab at 40 and Herbalife helped me with it.
  • samanthadoyle752
    Options
    ive been on herbaife for 8 weeks and lost 10 punds and 2% body fat.. we hold our fitclubs all week so everyone gets there free work outs. Im concerned also because im not going to be able to afford it..i think that it helps control calorie intake and it is also a meal replacement but you also eat every 2 to 3 hours to keep ur metabolism going. so if you go back to eating 3 times a day w lil snacks ur metabolsim is going to slow down and if u cant watch ur calories ur going to gain it back...you can always make your own protein shakes in the morning if u feel herbalife is to expensive..i think eather way the money you spend on eating healthy adds up to how much you would spend on herbalife in one month. its all mental, you wake up and know ur going to have ur shake and then watch everything you eat..so if for some reason u cant take ur herba life shake anymore. you still have to wake up w that mentality of meeting ur essential protein needs in order to stay in fat burning mode and eat healthy every 2 to 3 hours and drink ur water. thats how you keep ur body from going into fat storing mode and keep your metabolsim going. If think you know anything about herbalife they educate there cleints on healhty living and how the body rwacts to proteins and healthy foods. This is to live a healthy lifestyle, they teach you they dont just want your money, my fitfam of herbalifers want you to eat right and meet your goals. so obviosuly eat more, eat more protein and stay hydrated!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    ive been on herbaife for 8 weeks and lost 10 punds and 2% body fat.. we hold our fitclubs all week so everyone gets there free work outs. Im concerned also because im not going to be able to afford it..i think that it helps control calorie intake and it is also a meal replacement but you also eat every 2 to 3 hours to keep ur metabolism going. so if you go back to eating 3 times a day w lil snacks ur metabolsim is going to slow down and if u cant watch ur calories ur going to gain it back...you can always make your own protein shakes in the morning if u feel herbalife is to expensive..i think eather way the money you spend on eating healthy adds up to how much you would spend on herbalife in one month. its all mental, you wake up and know ur going to have ur shake and then watch everything you eat..so if for some reason u cant take ur herba life shake anymore. you still have to wake up w that mentality of meeting ur essential protein needs in order to stay in fat burning mode and eat healthy every 2 to 3 hours and drink ur water. thats how you keep ur body from going into fat storing mode and keep your metabolsim going. If think you know anything about herbalife they educate there cleints on healhty living and how the body rwacts to proteins and healthy foods. This is to live a healthy lifestyle, they teach you they dont just want your money, my fitfam of herbalifers want you to eat right and meet your goals. so obviosuly eat more, eat more protein and stay hydrated!

They're not even educated themselves, and they've filled your head with nonsense about metabolism and meal frequency so that you feel more reliant on their products.
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    Hate products for weight loss!!! :/