Nap in the afternoon?

Options
Happyirisheyes
Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
I just wondered if any of you fine people nap in the afternoon and if so, for how long? Do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Naps for me are what keep the people around me, alive.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Yes please.

Get about a half hour nap in and get a nice little recharge.
  • krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    I LOVE a good nap, and as long as i can
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I wish I could nap!
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Interesting - do you set a time limit?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I used to nap all the time. Not so much any more but on the off chance that I do nap it's usually for 1-1.5 hours.

The only time I nap now is if it's going to be a late night out or I couldn't sleep the night before.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    On the weekends I do. *Sometimes* after work, but not always.

Depending on how tired I am, it can be a 45 minute nap, or 2 hours. That's for weekends.

During the weeknight, just a quick half hour.
  • CharletteMad
    Options
    No naps for me....if I did I would never get to sleep at night!
  • Alphawolf02
    Options
    I am always tired, so I love to nap. I like my naps to last from 1.5 - 2 hrs! It takes me forever to fall asleep sometimes so that whole 15 min rule is hard to apply. I usually get 1 nap in every few weeks though; but, when I do, I enjoy it immensely!
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    LONG LIVE THE NANNY NAP!
    Yes! If I can get one in I do. Usually only once a month (a day off work or visiting parents) but at 2pm I'm running for the bed.
    I sleep anywhere from 1-2.5 hours depending on what I've been doing.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love napping!! I mastered the afternoon nap in college when I had all 8am classes and had to stay alive after crazy late nights in the dorms.

I take one of two naps depending on how much time I have...

The 30 minute nap is for when I've got stuff to do. I down a cup of coffee before the nap so the caffeine is kicking in once my alarm goes off. I'll usually let myself hit the snooze button a couple times.

The 2.5 hour nap is the best one. I feel totally rejuvenated and awake afterwards!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep in the afternoon because I can't get enough sleep at night.

Night is my productive time of the day, I never get to bed until around 2 am, else I'd never get anything done, but I have to be up at 7 so I can get to school on time. That's 5 hours, so I go back to bed and sleep until I'm satisfied after school
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    oh man i could sleep always

because i do a lot of overnights i will take a nap before going into work

there is no time limit. napping to me is pure uninterrupted bliss. i wake when my body wants to wake.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot better if I have a 1-1.5hr nap in the afternoon, I don't always do it but I find I'm a lot less cranky if I do.
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    I wish I could nap!

from the looks of your profile pic I don't think I'd be able to nap much there either!

:-)
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    When I'm not working overnight, I really like to take a nap on Sunday afternoons. ahhhhh . . . .
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Before I started work again I took 1 nearly everday...felt terribly fatigue all the time...now I don't have time and feel better
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I work overnight so it's hard to fit a nap in. However on the weekends I sometime catch an hour nap to recharge my battery.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I only do it if I don't have to get up early the next day. Because I know napping can make it harder for me to sleep at night.
    I used to nap A LOT more before though, because I had so little energy, but after I started exercising and being a bit more careful about what I eat, I have a lot more energy! Feels great :D
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up for naps!