Yes. Eat your exercise calories back
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    NO
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I said yes earlier, and here's why - you're set at 1200 a day, and if you're not eating back exercise cals, then you're netting below 1200, which is dang low. My own rule - don't net below my BMR (around 1430) - if my body burns roughly that amount just existing in a comatose state, why wouldn't I give it at least that much and more when I'm moving around all day plus exercising? Food is fuel!
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    You will get SO many varied responses on this! It truly depends on the person and with some trial and error, you will have to find out what works for you! I personally "eat back" about half my exercise calories each day, and am a female maintaining my weight at 124, and 5'7" :) Good luckk!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    eat the calories if you are hungry. if not. dont
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I personally don't just do things without knowing why. I want to know how my body works, how many calories I need to build muscle and burn fat. I want to know how, and, I want to know why. You would be wise to study it. The basics are not hard. If you don't understand the way one person explains it, find something you can understand.

Or you can just "trust me" when I say, yes, eat your exercise calories. Denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Heck yes. That was two words. Ooooops.
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    yes :)
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Me - No
    you - Maybe

just look at some of the tickers, people are finding success on both sides of the issue, so do what works for you.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Once I would have said no, but I have found that if I eat at least most of my calories back, and, on occasion, a few more, I tend to drop pounds quite rapidly. I found this to be a bit startling, but certainly in a good way!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Si.