400-Calorie Loaded Veggie Pizza (With Pics!)

Options

Replies

• kpye2011
    kpye2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Looks YUMMY! Thanks:)
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Looks super delish!! Thanks for sharing!
  • pen_thief
    pen_thief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    that looks really good!!! I have tried that but mine always ends up kind of soft and soggy in the center and reeeaaaal crispy on the outside lol ....not sure what I set the oven at though....prolly rushed it lol

That does have a tendency to happen. I leave mine in a bit longer and there are also pizza pans with tiny holes in them if one was so inclined. Think they help that issue :)
  • mfunderburgh
    mfunderburgh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Looser5555
    Options
    bump
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    tortilla for crust! what an ingenious idea! thanks!
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    bump for later! Thanks for sharing.
  • RIR1217
    RIR1217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very nice - I will have to try your recipe.
  • pen_thief
    Options
    Looks yummy, but does the tortilla get crispy?? I've heard of this idea before but just imagine it being all floppy for some reason!

It will get crispy on the edges and stay a bit softer under the sauce part. I find it's in between chewy and crispy on the bottom and a bit softer on top, similar to other pizza crusts. I suppose you could pre-cook your tortilla a bit if you like a crispier crust :)
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    BUMP...this would greatly help my pizza addiction! lol
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was just craving pizza this weekend! I think this would be a totally better way because I can have fun with the kids and not feel guilty about eating it. I think I'll add some chicken, turkey pepperoni or even shrimp (I love seafood pizza).

Thanks for this post, very helpful :-)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I like pizza too. I sometimes do the Fat Smash Diet- pizza

Crust: 1/5 can chickpeas, 1 cup dry oatmeal, 1 egg, tsp olive oil and your favorite fresh herbs and crushed red pepper. Mix all ingredients in a food processor add just a bit of water to loosen the ingredients but maintain doughy consistency. Spread onto a pizza pan (about 10-12 inches around) Bake at 400 deg F until crust looks 'cracked'.

Toppings: Lay fresh sliced tomatoes across the crust. This will serve as your sauce. I then top it with onions, peppers( red, orange, yellow), mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle more herbs and a bit of salt, if you are not watching your sodium. Bake for about 10 minutes or until veggies are tender. YUM!

Serves 2 at 392 calories per person.

Though I have to admit, using a tortilla would save a lot of time. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • pen_thief
    Options
    thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Im very new to this . Only my first full week in. I have alot of weight to lose. :blushing: I have been on the sidle lilnes for four years now due to lupus/rhuematoid arthritis/and epilepsy. I could not figure out a way to get this weight off. A nutrion analyst suggestedthis sight to me. And then you come along and offer up a healthy recipe for one of my favorite foods woohoo!!! So thank you very much. You cant imagine how happy i am that i can have pizza again and actually feel good about it.

Glad that I could be of some help :) I'm pretty new here myself but I have been using this trick for awhile after my mom was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. Had to find healthier ways for us to eat. She has lost 65 lbs and now I am finally getting my butt in gear 100% too. *high five* Best of luck to you in your journey!
  • MyChance2011
    MyChance2011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pen_thief
    Options
    I like pizza too. I sometimes do the Fat Smash Diet- pizza

Crust: 1/5 can chickpeas, 1 cup dry oatmeal, 1 egg, tsp olive oil and your favorite fresh herbs and crushed red pepper. Mix all ingredients in a food processor add just a bit of water to loosen the ingredients but maintain doughy consistency. Spread onto a pizza pan (about 10-12 inches around) Bake at 400 deg F until crust looks 'cracked'.

Toppings: Lay fresh sliced tomatoes across the crust. This will serve as your sauce. I then top it with onions, peppers( red, orange, yellow), mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle more herbs and a bit of salt, if you are not watching your sodium. Bake for about 10 minutes or until veggies are tender. YUM!

Serves 2 at 392 calories per person.

Though I have to admit, using a tortilla would save a lot of time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wow, that sounds delicious though!!
  • paytonOMG
    paytonOMG Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been using vegan cheese that has a lot less calories!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I make pita pizzas all the time...never thought of try tortilla pizzas. Must try!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    love the idea! thanks
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    oh yum, thank you so much. bump.
  • belliesmom
    Options
    Definitley going to give this a try! Looks very yummy and healthy! I am looking for new recipew to try, seeing as I only know of some chicken recipes and not very many might I add. Thanks for posting!